• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ss vs 6.6

whitetrash21

Put on the damn helmet day........
Reaction score
proud to say i kicked the living crap out of one of these today. never run the truck in the quarter with the tuner in, but these will supposedly turn 14.4's all day, so i have an idea of where i am.:D 10 mph roll on a freeway ramp, and i had him by an easy 2 trucks by the time we hit the freeway... triple digit speeds and a blacked out on ramp. he wouldn't play anymore after that. tried eggin him on for a 70mph freeway roll... no go.

not bad for a "work truck".... ):h

trailblazerss.jpg

I hate those things...lol everyone who has one thinks its the greatest truck ever and its garbage...I can slap a V8 in a kia sportage too and be mildly quick but I wont....lol

I hate those things...lol everyone who has one thinks its the greatest truck ever and its garbage...I can slap a V8 in a kia sportage too and be mildly quick but I wont....lol

That's a real nice kill. An SS with a couple mods can be very quick and deceptive. It's a little more then just a regular old V-8 dunes. The SS has a LS2 vette engine it in. It might not be the greatest truck ever made, but they sure are a sweet SUV. I have ridden in one several times, and it took me for a surprise the first time I was in it.

That's a real nice kill. An SS with a couple mods can be very quick and deceptive. It's a little more then just a regular old V-8 dunes. The SS has a LS2 vette engine it in. It might not be the greatest truck ever made, but they sure are a sweet SUV. I have ridden in one several times, and it took me for a surprise the first time I was in it.

no doubt. it was an awd unit and i have no dounts that from a dead stop it woulda been a whole lot closer considering i'm only 2wd. as it was, the truck was in its element with the roll. i was happy with it :D

it sounded DAMN good though!!

I'd rather have the truck...next they are going to have a z06 colorado....c'mon meow!

I'd rather have the D'max truck as well. But the SS is a fun deal. And no, you won't be seeing an anything colorado, that will be going away soon. Plus GM is done badging just anything with the "SS" as long as it has a lowered stance. The have shamed the "SS" badge in the recent past with things like the Equinox.

Wes your an animal lol,yes the roll probably did help a bit, but I know your loaded with some tools on your rig.

Wes your an animal lol,yes the roll probably did help a bit, but I know your loaded with some tools on your rig.

gotta admit i had most of them out for that one. still had the rack, toolbox and some miscellaneous crap, but i probably shed 2000 lbs by leavin stuff on the job.... truck probably weighed 7k or so when i ran him. put it on a diet and i might be quicker. time to hit the track.,... :ciappa:

well after hittin the track fri nite, i know it was the roll that did it. cant hang with em quite yet from a dead stop :( .... being 2wd though, i lose the most in the first 100 ft.... by the big end im right back up on their bumper, even with a slippin trans.

it's a drug......:eek:16: time for more go-fast parts.

well after hittin the track fri nite, i know it was the roll that did it. cant hang with em quite yet from a dead stop :( .... being 2wd though, i lose the most in the first 100 ft.... by the big end im right back up on their bumper, even with a slippin trans.

it's a drug......:eek:16: time for more go-fast parts.

Time for some Tie Rod sleeves.

I ran one on Sunday morning too. Side by side for 2 different lights and pulled on him from 2nd gear up to 100, twice. Had about 2 cars on him each time. He was cool and gave my stock looking dmax a thumbs up. I need a built tranny so I can turn up the power with EFI live.

Tie Rod sleeves won't do much for a 2WD truck. It's the torque from the front wheels while launching in 4WD that kills the tie rods, especially when running aftermarket wheels with NEGATIVE offset. :)

ezackery.... i dont even have the option of 4wd .... :D. from my timeslips, it shows in the mph though. my truck runs 8 mph faster than a 4x4 duramax that was .6 seconds quicker than me. not draggin all the 4wd around at the top end helps the mph, but the slippin trans wont let me push it hard enough to make up the 3-4 truck lengths he got on me off the line.

I ran one on Sunday morning too. Side by side for 2 different lights and pulled on him from 2nd gear up to 100, twice. Had about 2 cars on him each time. He was cool and gave my stock looking dmax a thumbs up. I need a built tranny so I can turn up the power with EFI live.

its gotta be the roll where these truck really shine. i know from a dead stop, he woulda kicked my ass....

Tie Rod sleeves won't do much for a 2WD truck. It's the torque from the front wheels while launching in 4WD that kills the tie rods, especially when running aftermarket wheels with NEGATIVE offset. :)

My bad, over looked that it was a 2wd truck and not a 4x4 in 2wd. I'll read closer next time.:blush2:

Back