• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SS Pre-Bent Brake Lines

nobby

Old Timey Diesel Guy
Reaction score
So I promised Dracor85 quite awhile ago that I would post pictures of the complete Stainless Steel pre-bent brake line kit that I purchased from Inline Tube to show how accurate they are. Firstly my apologies to him for taking so long. Anyways finally after a line failure I finally got around to installing the kit and hence take pictures as well. I have taken pictures of the old line next to the new one. The quality and fit is excellent and the lines are bang on in accuracy and bend location. At the time I ordered they did not list my burb however they assured me they had the specs and since then they have listed my truck along with other new ones. Not that I had to use this but they also assured me that they would work with you if a line was bent incorrectly. I only had one issue and that was that the line that runs aft the length of the chassis leg was bent 180 DEG in the wrong direction at the very first bend at the fwd end of the line (see the last pic). This was however an easy remedy so I did not try to return it. I will send them an email just making them aware of this issue though so that they can double check their specs for future customers. All lines come with plastic caps and the one long rear leading line is bent gently in half in the long straight run for packaging, they place a tag at either side of this shipping bend so as to guide you where to straighten it.

As far as I am concerned buying this kit is a no brainer $195.00 for a SS kit that fits right in is a very good price as far as I am concerned. Sure you can do it all yourself as have I in the past and I have the bending and flaring tools. However time wise its a quick install and you would no doubt in time spend more than their price bending it if you account for material costs. As to replacing all lines well if the rear has gone then the one that runs around the front to the passenger side and the driver side also are pretty much close to go themselves.

Cheers
Nobby

P8190323.jpgP8190319.jpgP8200328.jpgP8200327.jpg

Nice. Sounds well worth it if all the fittings are stainless also. Do they also make fuel line kits in stainless? If your rear brake line went ,the fuel lines are next, soon.

Fittings were not Stainless but can be special ordered for an extra charge. As far as I am concerned the fittings are not really an issue and never-seize takes care of the threads.

Fuel lines are in much better shape and I waxed them all when I got the truck. When I get a spare bit of cash I'll probably change them out as a preventative measure. They do make SS fuel lines I have not checked if they cover our applications.

Cheers
Nobby

Thanks Nobby, the pix say it all looks like factory parts just in SS. I think that they do make the SS fuel lines for our trucks but Ill have to double check.

ok just checked no fuel lines for the diesels only for the gas jobs but they also make the flex hoses for the brakes in SS and also the transmission cooler lines in SS.

Just a thought but based on my experience the catalogue does not say it all, I'd suggest calling them before deciding that they cannot make the fuel lines.

Cheers
Nobby

This is a great thing to have. Even just to buy ahead of time, so when there is a failure you have a prebent line ready to fix her up. SS is a super plus.

With these older rigs, most of our lines must look a little fatigue, and if you saw what the older rigs brake lines looked like in the salt belt..... trust me, you don't want to see it.

I was just thinking of this yesterday and wondering if anyone makes bre-bent ss lines. Great timing on the thread! Thanks for the info and pictures. The price for a full kit is well worth the price imo. I always bend and flare my own lines, just to replace them a few years later when they rot out. My 95' will be getting these when i get that far.........

Precisely what I did Matt, pre-purchased and then waited for the fatefull soft pedal day!

Also too in conversation with them they'll work with you with issues even if it does take you a while to install. I called them about a possible issue and they were not put off by the 8 month lapse in the purchase date.

Cheers
Nobby

Back