• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Squeak

Dura-Ration

No Obuma
Reaction score
I have a squeak in my cab thats driving me crazy. I can work on trucks that need repair and even rebuild or replace an engine. But I can't fix this squeak in my backseat area. I have oiled everything that moves. HELP! Please ! I'm about to go apecrazy. LOL

Mouse_in_mousetrap.jpg

Try one of these.

Steve, just a shot in the dark here but maybe try tightening every nut, bolt or screw you can see or find. In my 01 Tahoe I had a rattle somewhere in the rear of it of it and could not find it for the life of me. One day I started in the very back and went clear to the front and tightened everything I could tighten. The rattle was gone but never found exactly where it was.

You checked all the obvious stuff right? Stuff in the door pockets and under the edge of the carpet. Headliner tight? Handles (door and grab), along the front seat track behind you. Have the Mrs ride in the back seat while you drive so she can move around and poke/prod different things (like the back of your head... couldn't resist.):h).
Got a console? Ton of places for that assembly to move and squeek.

Ok

Ok thanks BT & CT I will try anything at this point. Nice since of humor there Sparky. I have put the wife in the back seat to listen but I think I'll put myself in the backseat now. I'm going to find that cheese eating little beast. Squeak squeak squeak squeak !! :mad2:

The jack is back there, maybe check that. Try driving with the back seat up, and see if the squeak gets louder, disappears or changes.

Mine just started having a new squeak also. When my daughter pulls on the door handle on the passenger side it disappears. I have to tighten that screw and see if that works. You may want to start there and grease those stupid clips that hold the plastic trim under the rear seat on the ends.

I had the same thing going on especially when its colder out.I found that it was the plastic hole covers for the child seat anchor behind the rear seat.But i have speakers back there that caused it to rub....

Back