• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sqeeking Belts on LBZ's

Initially there was a clutched alternator available. That was too expensive for gm (my assumption) so they pulled it quick !

Right now the fix that has fixed em all for me is the LMM belt. It's a sopfter tackier belt and i have ZERO COMPLAINTS on this belt.

dont drive much?

not all that much. got about 10k now lol

sometimes at idle ill here a sort of tapping noise comin from the engine. is this the squeeking yall are talkin about or is it something different? if not, doesn't anybody know whats makin the noise im hearin?

the tick is better known as the typewriter tick. It's common in all duramaxes and is completly normal.

Mine has had the squeak for about 23,000 miles and it really makes a noise when the engine is shut down. Might see what the dealer will do when I take the truck in for the steering shaft fix.

Good luck. They wanted me to leave my truck over night. What was I to drive?

So, I still have a sqeeky belt every now and then..

Initially there was a clutched alternator available. That was too expensive for gm (my assumption) so they pulled it quick !

Right now the fix that has fixed em all for me is the LMM belt. It's a sopfter tackier belt and i have ZERO COMPLAINTS on this belt.

Going to have to see if they will do this at the dealership for me. Thanks Greg.

I was not aware they were the same size belt.

Back