• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Spring Fling

Chicago TDP

Recruit
Reaction score
OK, this has been up for debate on the past thread and I am going to bring it up on here: Is there an interest for a Mid-West 6.5 or diesel truck in general get-together to have a day or two on the weekend to maybe dyno an meet up? I have been kind of idle on this new site and non existence on the "other" site but I think it might be time for me to come out of hibernation. I know that there is some event in Wisconsin each year but does anyone have a local shop where we might all be able to get together either by a 1/4 mile or a chassis dyno?

OK, this has been up for debate on the past thread and I am going to bring it up on here: Is there an interest for a Mid-West 6.5 or diesel truck in general get-together to have a day or two on the weekend to maybe dyno an meet up? I have been kind of idle on this new site and non existence on the "other" site but I think it might be time for me to come out of hibernation. I know that there is some event in Wisconsin each year but does anyone have a local shop where we might all be able to get together either by a 1/4 mile or a chassis dyno?

Hey Chicago -

I think that Huckstorf's Diesel in Franklin, WI pretty well fits that bill. I think (note: I think) that they have a dyno and Great Lakes Dragaway is only 18 miles away.

Regards,

Alberta? Where's that?):h

Ohhhhh, that's right! Isn't that the home of the Flatland Fireball 2.0?:nanawoot:

On a more serious note, I no longer have a valid passport so that would complicate things for me.

Anywho....

Regards,

On a more serious note, I no longer have a valid passport so that would complicate things for me.

So does Canda really care if you have a passport....I mean would someone really want to try to take it over???
Just kidding, plan on visitng there someday myself to see how flat it is in some of those places and how rough the ALCAN highway really is.

So does Canda really care if you have a passport....I mean would someone really want to try to take it over???
Just kidding, plan on visitng there someday myself to see how flat it is in some of those places and how rough the ALCAN highway really is.

You guys have the weapons to take it, but we'd just kick you back out when it got cold and you were in your nighties and slippers:D Leo

Cause I work for the post office and we've gotten slammed for the last 3 years with people getting their passports for the first time. IIRC the new policy went into effect 1/2008

Hey Chicago -

I think that Huckstorf's Diesel in Franklin, WI pretty well fits that bill. I think (note: I think) that they have a dyno and Great Lakes Dragaway is only 18 miles away.

Regards,

Hmm, that is not a bad idea. Maybe there should be a poll set up so that we can get an estimate of the people that would be able to attend. I myself am curious as to what my truck can put down at the rear wheels and I would like to see what others have been working on with their rigs.

Hmm, that is not a bad idea. Maybe there should be a poll set up so that we can get an estimate of the people that would be able to attend. I myself am curious as to what my truck can put down at the rear wheels and I would like to see what others have been working on with their rigs.

Me too. I would love to tear up their dyno. Do you think that it could handle all of the 160 RWHP that I have to put down (all at once)?):h

Regards,

You guys have the weapons to take it, but we'd just kick you back out when it got cold and you were in your nighties and slippers:D Leo

You better knock that talk off, or I'll hit you with my purse.):h

No really, it is a BIG purse and it would hurt.:nono:

Regards,

You better knock that talk off, or I'll hit you with my purse.):h

No really, it is a BIG purse and it would hurt.:nono:

Regards,

I probably wouldn't mind to much if you took us over, Washington isn't much further from me than Ottawa. Then there would be no more duty or UPS brokerage fees. Not to mention access to warmer climes.:D
Leo​

TDP this sounds like a great idea, I would love to get to know some of you guys in person and heck, I'll put the ole 6.2 on the dyno, not sure if I can beat Golds' impressive remarks of 160rwhp, but it would be a good waste of time anyway; and not that far of a drive for me.

Is there others out there that would like to make an appearance and maybe help organize a small event for us 6.5/6.2 guys?

Is there others out there that would like to make an appearance and maybe help organize a small event for us 6.5/6.2 guys?

CTDP -

Let me know how you would like my help:thumbsup:

Shall I call Huckstorf and see if he's game? Maybe we could wrangle some door prizes or "6.5 / 6.2 diesel Special Promotion" sales items...:partay:

Poll has been posted...

Regards,

Back