• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Spring Combining.

WilliamBos

Serial Post Whore in the making...
Reaction score
Hey,

Due to the way mother nature was last fall, some corn had to be left until now.

A few pics from the farm across the road.

Anyone else in this situation??

There was alot of corn around here that didn't get combined last fall. Neighbor just week before last got 100 acres done next to me and 250 down the road. He's one of those big operators that does several thousand and 1/2 of it is in smaller parcels far from the home place. Left alot of ears on the ground...

It took a couple guys until Christmas to get done, but never saw any left after that. How did it stand through winter? What kind of moisture did it maintain?

Not sure on either is it is not ous. Just a nice spring view I got too see coming out of the driveway. I could probably find out.

Did you think you fell asleep and slept through the summer? ):h

There is alot of corn still up around me. I seen a few fields of beans yet. I wonder what the moisture is. I just picked my popcorn last week.

Holy cow. I thought we had a late harvest! Wonder if it was down to 15%! Prolly won't get any dockage or drier charges!!

From the talk on the combine forum and agtalk, lots of acres of corn still waiting in MN and the dakotas... I was into some snow a few days finishing up some custom acres in december.

From the talk on the combine forum and agtalk, lots of acres of corn still waiting in MN and the dakotas... I was into some snow a few days finishing up some custom acres in december.

is that the harvesting.com/combine forum by marvin gorden?

I have heard that a decent amount of people use the proboards forum. I can't understand why some of these ag forums can't be like these diesel forums, with features like organization, and topics that move to top when added on to.

I have heard that a decent amount of people use the proboards forum. I can't understand why some of these ag forums can't be like these diesel forums, with features like organization, and topics that move to top when added on to.

tractorshed is like that, I guess they wanted to upgrade but alot of guys had a fit and liked the old way. They shut down the P&R section because it was full of people bitching about how they like the old website. Thats what happens when you bring change to guy who think that old farmall is the only way to go.

I used to get on agriculture online alot but it seemed to be a clique after awhile and some guys got downright unfriendly. You'll recall that DP got kinda that way also ;)... so I just stick with this. I'm no longer actively farming anyway.

I used to get on agriculture online alot but it seemed to be a clique after awhile and some guys got downright unfriendly. You'll recall that DP got kinda that way also ;)... so I just stick with this. I'm no longer actively farming anyway.

There was a few gasser chevy sites like that, if if you got any replies at all most likely it was someone bashing you.

Back