• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Speed Sensor

Sunshine

Northern Lights
Reaction score
I`m trying to find out the thickness of the shim washer AMG use on the sp. sensor that goes in the Transfer Case, that chuck at FlashOffroad has on that site,, any body.. i have been trying for weeks,,, e- mailing , PM ing , Mike L. were are you now.. bla, bla,, Ssshit HELP...:eek:

Sensor.jpg Own Picture

SpeedSensor.jpg From FlashOffroad w/shim washer

Last edited:
transfer case- make sure you catch TD's post on his wheel coming off- start by measuring length of original vs what is new one. micrometer or caliper. sorry, I cant find anything anywhere on gap distance. I would measure, then try a tad more gap than measured, then call Heath Diesel.:nonod:

transfer case- make sure you catch TD's post on his wheel coming off- start by measuring length of original vs what is new one. micrometer or caliper. sorry, I cant find anything anywhere on gap distance. I would measure, then try a tad more gap than measured, then call Heath Diesel.:nonod:

"Thank you for your help, the prayers have been answered."

Paul,

I don’t know. I saw it the day we put it in. It’s very thin; much thinner than a washer.

If you clean off the sensor and it still doesn’t work adding the shim will not make a bad sensor start working again. It was kind of a long term fix to place the sensor a bit farther from the pickup wheel so it wouldn’t get full of magnetic particles and gum up as fast.

Chuck Kopelson

what I meant was adding a bit extra would make sure that the sensor does not contact anything without a valid measurement. If it did not work with a new sensor, close the gap a little. too close too soon might result in horrific damage to the wallet.

what I meant was adding a bit extra would make sure that the sensor does not contact anything without a valid measurement. If it did not work with a new sensor, close the gap a little. too close too soon might result in horrific damage to the wallet.

Thanks docdray, i understood where you were coming from.. but better to be safe than sorry...& thanks once again for the help thats been given...:smile5:

Back