• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Speakin of winches

I have never overheated a winch and I live and play in Arizona...I hate hydraulic winches due to the undue strain on the powersteering and I have used my electric underwater with no issues...The "hydraulic won't work underwater" didn't mean the winch, it meant the truck..if your engine dies, you have no winch...I will never ever ever use a hydraulic winch...

ok that makes sense, i've gotten used to going in the deep mud/water with either a snorkle or a high air intake. kinda surprised you havent overheated a winch in arizona, when i was up in utah and down in texas it was pretty common to happen, but then again usually when i use a winch its for a long pull.

I overheated mine first day I used it. I "think" it was because evey single connection was loose on it right out of the box. I tested it yesterday dragging my Tahoe out of the garage and it seemed ok. I didn't excatly get top of the line either. I mainly got it because i go deep into the reseviors to cut firewood and near got stuck a few times plus I can use it to pull trees closer to cut up. I have a Meyers Ez Mount plow setup so I made the mounting plate for the winch so it goes into the receiver for the upper half of the plow frame. This way in the winter I can take it off and put the plow back on. I also made recievers on my bobcat trailer so I can plug it right in there if i want to go retrieve any non running "treasures". It's a Milemarker SI12000. Got it from Winchdepot 600$ delievered.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
DO you have that cheesey rubber remote from MileMarker? the orange and black thing? I've broken a few of those, lol

Yep. it's only three wires. If it breaks I'll make one. Know what you said about them I'll be careful with it in the mean time. Don't plan on using it alot. it's more of an insurance policy. I go over some rough terrian getting firewood. Is this winch any good that i bought ? I only paid 600$ deleivered for it. Warn was double the money.

I kinda knew that 'hydraulics won't work underwater' would get a comment....but I knew what he was Dunes was talking about...good comparison chart....thanks

Is that your truck out there?

Whenever I play the lottery in this one particular store(which isn't too ofen) there always seems to be a guy that comes in and asks me if that's my truck out there...so..I say yea...and they always ask about the winch...."that thing pull you out of a lot of stuff?"...and comments like that....they always talk about the winch...never fails...and they always seem to go right to me even though there are others in the store...guess i fit that 'profile'...LOL:D

I have never overheated a winch and I live and play in Arizona...I hate hydraulic winches due to the undue strain on the powersteering and I have used my electric underwater with no issues...The "hydraulic won't work underwater" didn't mean the winch, it meant the truck..if your engine dies, you have no winch...I will never ever ever use a hydraulic winch...

You should look up Ladoga Trials.

Tell me what winches you see the most of there ;)

The MileMarker that you have is the same one I have...I've never had an issue with it untill I kept breaking remotes...I am running the t-max now and I like it a lot more...as for the quality, they are a decent winch, and that was a good deal on it

The MileMarker that you have is the same one I have...I've never had an issue with it untill I kept breaking remotes...I am running the t-max now and I like it a lot more...as for the quality, they are a decent winch, and that was a good deal on it
Thanks. I don't use it much. It's basically there in case I get stuck. I'll handle the remote with kidgloves . It doesn't look to complicated. I would think you could fab a better one if the need arose . Is there any reason I coulnd't do that when and if mine breaks ?

Thanks. I don't use it much. It's basically there in case I get stuck. I'll handle the remote with kidgloves . It doesn't look to complicated. I would think you could fab a better one if the need arose . Is there any reason I coulnd't do that when and if mine breaks ?

The remote doesn't require rocket scientists to make. It's just a switch that can reverse polarity.

Back