• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

?Source for Injector return lines kit?

95Burbnc

Reaction score
I've searched thru the part numbers thread and found a diapaco #<?> for the return lines that go from injector to injector. Also DORMAN has a kit - but no one stocks nor can get these from the "warehouse". Lets not even talk about the stealer's price of $15 PER HOSE and $4.95 PER retaining clip!!!
I need some replacement ones - does anyone know a source or know what will work? My VW Diesel supplier can get some nice braided hose at 2mm ID for fuel injector return line and I think it might work, but I'm not sure.
Where do you find these?

I went to Evco House of Hose and just got some diesel fuel rated hose and got like 4 feet of it. I took in a used length of the hose for them to match. I think I spent $5 on the hose.

I went to the local logging supply house and got fuel line from them. It was cheaper than the 90 bones the local CRAPA wanted. Any lawn mower shop should have what you need. And no clips to bust your fingers on. The stuff is a nice slip on. But it is hard to remove. At IIRC 6 bucks for 10 feet, who cares.

John

I was buying the Dipaco install kits from Accurate diesel in Michigan. He has a web site and is a ebay seller. Around $25 for the kit. It has cloth covered clampless hose, rubber end caps with clamps , copper injector washers and the gasket for the upper plenum/intake

Accurate diesel off eBay for me.

Sold as an injector install kit.

Around 25 bucks iirc...But that also included the copper injector seals, intake gaskets and end injector caps with the hose.

I know that Midwest Fuel Injection has the Dipaco kit for around $36

Haha! Maybe I'm in for a treat then..:agreed:

Looks like me looky for mo' hoses.

Last edited:
Usually the stock hoses are long enough to snip the ends of and reuse them.You won't need these hose clamps either,i never had a hose leak or pop of yet.
I did however tried a braided hose kit on my 98 rebuild and they did leak right of the bat. i chucked them in the trash can and used the old ones.

I got made in germany ones from badger diesel and they leak and blow off, I am replacing with oem 11 bucks each whadda rip.

Dorman 904-101 OE Solutions Fuel Injection Return Hose Kit $11.68 on Amazon
I found the DORMAN kit today online and am placing an order for it. It comes from "Hire's Automotive" in Northeast Indiana according to Amazon.

Yellow Tygon hose :eek:
It's 165 degrees isn't rated high enough for under the hood!
http://www.tygon.com/uploadedFiles/SGtygon/Documents/Tygon_Tubing/Tygon-F4040A-Fuel-Tubing.pdf
I ran the tygon tubes for over 100,000 miles on my 91 6.2 with no problems. If it is only good for those temps it shouldn't even be used for lawn mower or chain saw fuel lines.
I haven't seen a spec on the oem or cloth covered hose either.
Has anyone actually measured the temp of the return lines?

Back