• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Son's first vehicle ('95 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne WT)

Ray Dawson

Reaction score
I bought my 14 yr old son his first vehicle. It's a 1995 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne WT. It has a 350 5.7L TBI with a 4L80E Automatic Transmission. The truck has 247k on it as it sits and runs very strong for a vehicle with that many miles on it. The tranny does have a small leak and it shifts a lil rough in spots. I'm going to try and tackle a tranny rebuild sometime this year.

So far, I have replaced the temperature control assembly (cuts off completely when placed on the highest setting), the old bench seat, and the old floor mat. We have taken off the side boxes and mounted a set of bed rails along with a new bug shield. I need to replace the headliner and the dash (both are pretty much toast).

My son wants to convert the manual doors and windows over to power. I'm having issues with finding door panels that have the power switches.

The fuel pump is being replaced next week along with a complete tuneup. Once the weather warms up, we are going to tackle cleaning and painting the rims so we can get the trim rings installed and continue working on the interior of the truck.

truck pic 1.jpg Bed rails.jpeg Old mat.jpeg NTU Carpet.jpeg NTU Seat and carpet.jpeg

Keep an eye on the timing. The tbi's I had liked to eat the rotor drive gear on the back of the cam.

Otherwise bnice looking truck those tbi's make good all purpose trucks.

Back