• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Somebody talk me out of this please!!!!!

Nice truck... you don't want it. It's too nice for you. :D

(good enough job of talking you out of it?)

aaaaaahhhhhhh can't do it.

I really like the crew cab and replacing the tail gate is no big deal. I will be watching it for the next week. If the bidding doesn't get to high we might be in a bidding war. they sure are rare. better than a suburban IMO.

The only thing to look out for is rust. I think they use salt in MA. I didn't see any under carriage photos.

sorry but i can't talk you out of it. its such a nice rig, to say the least. :D i've never seen a crew cab short bed, at least not around here.

hahaha that is a plow attachment on the front... I'd wanna drive that thing up a hill with a load first... probly slips on the first try. sorry to be pessimistic, but up here, for some reason guys with auto trucks think that "R" means "Brake" when plowing.

aaaaaahhhhhhh can't do it.

I really like the crew cab and replacing the tail gate is no big deal. I will be watching it for the next week. If the bidding doesn't get to high we might be in a bidding war. they sure are rare. better than a suburban IMO.

I don't think we'll have a bidding war, the wife is already pissed that i bought the 6.5 i have now. Only way I could truly get this one would be to sell mine, and find a money tree to get the rest of the loot. I'm trying to find it though hahaha :coal:

You don't want that one - It's not dissability equipped! A feature that might come in handy when the wife gets done with you... Ya gotta sleep sometime. Know what I mean?

hahaha that is a plow attachment on the front... I'd wanna drive that thing up a hill with a load first... probly slips on the first try. sorry to be pessimistic, but up here, for some reason guys with auto trucks think that "R" means "Brake" when plowing.

Yeah didn't notice it on first look but you are right looks like it has been used for plowing. It would be another $3000.00 or so pretty soon I bet. Sounds like they use their plows there like the do here.

So THAT'S what my rig looked like when it was new...except for the interior. I'd buy it just for the damned interior.

Actually, I'd buy it, then swap the motor and interior over into my rig.

Just looking at the photos I'd say someone payed a bit of money to have the interior detailed, but it isn't hiding everything. Looks like the lowest screw on the t-case shifter bezel is rusted (has the interior been excessively wet?), the 4-way switch on the seat is rusted or filled with poop (more wetness?), the tires don't match, the rear bumper is dented as well as the tailgate, there is some other rust/grime/mung in the tweeter speaker grille (driver's door), carpet is really stained, and the cup holder has holes drilled in it. I don't know, to me it looks like some one has armor all-ed and tire dressing-ed it front to back to cover up the fact it's been rode hard. Just my observations...sorry. I used to have a '99 Tahoe, and I know where crap collects in that style.

:iagree:
Not to mention the worn out front end components. the fact that the four wheel drive engages with little effort means the four wheel drive has been used a lot. You could probably engage low range on the fly! Nice job detailing, as the Mythbusters proved you can polish a t*#d.:D. I'd stay away from any truck that has ever been used for plowing. Its the same as buying a used Peterbuilt that used to be a dump truck. It usually the last thing you use a truck for before you start taking parts off to fix your other plowtruck/dump truck.

Just looking at the photos I'd say someone payed a bit of money to have the interior detailed, but it isn't hiding everything. Looks like the lowest screw on the t-case shifter bezel is rusted (has the interior been excessively wet?), the 4-way switch on the seat is rusted or filled with poop (more wetness?), the tires don't match, the rear bumper is dented as well as the tailgate, there is some other rust/grime/mung in the tweeter speaker grille (driver's door), carpet is really stained, and the cup holder has holes drilled in it. I don't know, to me it looks like some one has armor all-ed and tire dressing-ed it front to back to cover up the fact it's been rode hard. Just my observations...sorry. I used to have a '99 Tahoe, and I know where crap collects in that style.

I noticed that too. The interior of my truck looked better than that when I bought it, and I bought it dirty.

I can't say the same for the 49,000 mile GEP engine (that I didn't know about until after I bought it). Well, it was really clean, but see my sig for more.

That truck hasn't been loved.

There. Does that do it for you?

Yeah id want to see underside pics, also do the trucks up north rust underneath the fender flares? I have been down here for 21 years and its nice not having to worry about salt and rust ruining by pride and joys.

Hey!!!! That is who I bought my truck from. If you look at the bed in the first picture, it appears to be a little darker than the rest of the truck. Maybe a repaint.
These people aren't that bad to deal with, but they are definately used car salesmen. They claim that all of their trucks are sold. They have a no reserve policy, and they claim that everything sells. Well, I have seen a number of their vehicles mysteriously show up on eBay a short time later. Granted, it may be that someone has bid, and not come through on the deal, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they may actually bid on their own vehicles. Just a hunch, that's all, but when I bought mine, there was very little activity on it, at first. At the end, I would bid, win the bid, and then get outbid a short time later by someone making tiny increases. It seemed like they were trying to find my max amount. I wound up getting the winning bid with 4 seconds left on the clock. Now, that could be someone else bidding just like me, but within 4 minutes of my winning, I already had an email with payment and downpayment instructions. And this was after 10PM. Also, when I went to give the downpayment I told them that I wanted to look at it first. OK'd this with them before auction end. The truck was so boxed in I couldn't take it for a spin. When I took it for it's first tow job, no boost. (2-3#) They may not have known.
My truck also has some rusty interior screws, and I bet was FILTHY before they cleaned it. Both of my door speaker grills are rusty. (Yes they use salt up here) BUT, when I ran a history on the truck, all entries said Florida except for the very last one which said Maine. The underneath is very clean and pretty much rust free. Although when I bought it, it had 4 studded snows on the back. ???????
Oh, they also didn't say that it used to have a 5th wheel hitch under the tonneau. But then again, they also didn't tell me that there was a full 50 gallon aux fuel tank/tool box combo under the bed liner either. Probably didn't know.

FYI, the winning bid for the last time this was up for auction was 6350, and it was back on September 29th.

Back