• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Some People!

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
Monday before last, I brought a deer home to butcher and parked the truck in the street. I have a winch with a remote in the attic I use for processing. Anyway, I showed up after my neighbor's guest arrived to her party - one of the local theater group. Thus, it was probably not on the remaining functions of the alcohol-addled mind of the person that backed into me to look for a dark truck legally parked on the street that wasn't there when they showed up. Massive dent. No note. Nothing.

This week, she had another party. Everyone either parked on the street or parked with their car pointed out toward it. Conclusion: they all know who hit my truck. Still no note. Nothing.

It usually IS parked in my driveway but not anymore. It may have been missing paint but it was largely straight. Now it has a big dent that crushes the bed in from the front to the tire with the fuel cap accessible but I don't want to look at it. And it'll inconvenience my neighbor because she pulls along my curb to swing into her driveway but no more. It'll sit there until I receive compensation which means forever because, though they might not get cited for a drunk driving charge, what they did is still a crime. Instead, my truck will sit in the street with the dented fender there for her maneuver around and look at every time she comes and goes.

I fully expect a moderator to move this. I just wanted to share my angst with fellow 6.5ers. Anyone have a used flatbed for my shortbed? Want to stand in my yard and give my neighbor the finger?

Call the cops and file a report. It will be easy to find the car. Just look for matching damage and paint transfer.
If the cars are still there the cops should be able to figure it out quickly.

I actually know where one is. Not sure if its for sale but the truck has been parked for a couple yrs with a bad trans (5th one)

In praise of the Major county sheriff, they did find the owner of the stray steer on my ranch.

You should park it in front of her place with the dent positioned so as to be clearly visible from the front window of her house. Put a big 'Thank You' in white shoe polish on it with an arrow pointed at the dent.

Neighbors.... gotta love them. We have a neighbor that "borrows" stuff among other things. Like the time he flattened our mailbox and then stood it back up without saying a word. He did not realize my wife watched him the entire time. We have called the cops over hay missing from our barn. Finally built a nice privacy fence. We sorta live out in the country and have talked with our friends about having them over to line up and moon him. Sorry about the truck... some people are just have no moral and are just jackasses.

I've had that happen and it still makes me angry when I think about it. It did turn out okay once though. I was picking up a camper that I was buying and was driving my Army surplus Chevy CUCV. I parked on the street - legally - while we opened the gate and moved a couple of his kids toys and some guy backs out of the driveway across the street and ran the side of his lowered Honda down my back bumper. The CUCV has a really heavy steel bumper and has tie-down clevis anchors that stick out of the bumper. Opened up the side of the car like a can opener. The guy took off. I ran out there expecting to see the back of my truck all messed up after seeing the damage on the Honda. One rub mark and a broken license plate frame.

Yeah, just a little wax and it'll look fine.

20131214_115848.jpg
20131214_115859.jpg

I'm putting a Brambo on it next month. Try backing into that thespian scum!

You should see the car that rear ended my cousins bramco. It chipped the powder coat lol. We have a couple beds that are 20yrs old and still solid as the day they were built.

I am getting a econ bramco on my 95 some day soon. My Gpa has one on his 2500hd and he puts everything through the test.

When you stop by our farm you will see all kinds of bramco iron.

Source Unknown

Tanner,

I'm going to let them install the flatbed but if you do want my old bed it's yours including the tail lights. I have a single stop light that plugs into the trailer harness and I'll use that to get home if we drop the bed at your place. You can still have the dodge axles and you can have the 10000# hitch if you want it. I still need the bed liner (gonna be a drip mat for butchering deer in the garage) and the 13000# forged insert/ball. Pick and choose what you want...free.

That would be a close match to my 95. Just not sure what I would use it for, my 95 has a bed full of diesel tanks, air compressor, and tools. If I get one of my flat beds fixed and a new flat bed fixed then I might have an empty bed and that topper might help mpg's.

ehu6yre5.jpg
Turns out removing a bed is pretty easy. Simply go to Tanner's place and look at cool stuff laying all around while he pulls the 8 bolts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back