• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Some Help Needed

1twisted1

Reaction score
If you take a look at at my build up int he 6.2 section you'll see I've got the A-team all mocked up and ready to go. Now I need a little help with some things! for those of you how don't know this is a Gasser to diesel conversion so it's not like I can just put it all back where it came from.

First: which of the oil lines coming out for the block is the high pressure side see pic (top/front or bottom/rear)

Second: I have been told that I have to run the filter that was on the motor! ((see pic) is this the stock filter or is it one from a CUCV\HMMWV?)) because it is what control's the shut off of the fuel. Is this correct? Is there a way to by pass? the truck already has Duel remote filter with water separators.

Third: can anybody tell what each of the spade connectors on the pump does or control's? See pic Or what color wire get's connected to it?

And Last does anybody have a motor wiring diagram for a 80ish 6.2

thanx in advance.

Attachments

• DSCN0173 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    DSCN0173 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0184 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    DSCN0184 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0185 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    DSCN0185 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0176 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    DSCN0176 (2736 x 2052).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
You can toss that filter assmbley. The wires are for the water in fuel light and I can't remember but possibly fuel heater ?? I can't remember but and decent fuel filter setup will work as long as it provides the proper microns. That one in the Pic was actually a PIA to change if you ran the stock mech lift pump. You needed a special pump to bleed it during change. I used to actually have it years ago it hooked to the top to pull the fuel through. Elect lift pump solved that problem. You will need to run electric lift anyway cause the turbo return line goes back through a plate that goes in place of the mech lift pump.

Thanx

Ya already have one of SS Diesel's HD electric lift pump installed for the new set up.

That's what I thought with the filter. Had installed duel Racor filter's with water separator. One with 10 micron for the primary & 2 micron for the secondary. Got worried when I guy I know told me I had to run the stock one, so I knew someone on here would know for sure.

Thanx

Ya already have one of SS Diesel's HD electric lift pump installed for the new set up.

That's what I thought with the filter. Had installed duel Racor filter's with water separator. One with 10 micron for the primary & 2 micron for the secondary. Got worried when I guy I know told me I had to run the stock one, so I knew someone on here would know for sure.

You may get into a jam in the cold weather without the fuel heater though, perhaps one of your racors has it?

If you take a look at at my build up int he 6.2 section you'll see I've got the A-team all mocked up and ready to go. Now I need a little help with some things! for those of you how don't know this is a Gasser to diesel conversion so it's not like I can just put it all back where it came from.

First: which of the oil lines coming out for the block is the high pressure side see pic (top/front or bottom/rear)
Second: I have been told that I have to run the filter that was on the motor! ((see pic) is this the stock filter or is it one from a CUCV\HMMWV?)) because it is what control's the shut off of the fuel. Is this correct? Is there a way to by pass? the truck already has Duel remote filter with water separators.

Third: can anybody tell what each of the spade connectors on the pump does or control's? See pic Or what color wire get's connected to it?

And Last does anybody have a motor wiring diagram for a 80ish 6.2

thanx in advance.

The bottom/rear port goes to the oil cooler; upper/front port is the return from oil cooler. I'm curious what you're plumbing from the 3rd/higher port? - edit - just checked out the pics in the 6.2 section - must be the turbo oil feed. Build looks good.

I'm not even sure that was a fuel heater. You won't need it if you run additive and plug in. Early 6.2s didn't have any. There were two spin ons. The one on the intake was a royal PIA to change.

Actually the factory one IMO works very well. Otherwise you can get one that hooks into the heater hose. Does the factory one work ?

I have never seen a big difference in brand only sizes (watts). If you only want to plug in for a short time 2 bigger ones work relly well.

I don't leave mine plugged in overnight. It would probably boil the antifreeze. At -35 I can plug in for 1 1/2 hr and start it. Mostly did it because I don't want to plan my trips that far ahead. With the stock single 600w at -35 I'd have to plug in overnight. Block heaters can put a pretty big dent in your power bill so I figure I use less electricity overall cause I don't have to leave it plugged in all the time when it's really cold.

One other thing you could do is mount and electrical box in the engine bay and when it's not so cold just unplug one of them. I have a double gang box with 4 plug ins and I had to tie the pairs of glue on pad heaters together to reduce the amount of plug ins. I've also considered putting a batt charger in this system too. The colder it gets the less battery power that is available.

Back