• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So, Is this bad?

Golddigger

Reaction score
My intake has been leaking on my 1999 chevy suburban 1500 with a 5.7, so after 2 months of having it parked I decided to tear down the intake. The plenum and every intake port were each covered in carbon. Any thoughts on what is causing this?
IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

Unfortunately, looks normal to me. You should have seen the 305 I did the injectors on awhile back. It had 245,000 on the clock, and had never been opened up. The carbon was almost a 1/4" thick in many places.

Not to add more frustration to the event, but if the CPFI and or spider pipe assembly is showing the slightest signs of leaking and you plan to keep the truck, replace the whole thing while you have it apart now. Otherwise you'll be pulling it all back apart again. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (on a friend's 98 Tahoe w/5.7).

Not to add more frustration to the event, but if the CPFI and or spider pipe assembly is showing the slightest signs of leaking and you plan to keep the truck, replace the whole thing while you have it apart now. Otherwise you'll be pulling it all back apart again. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (on a friend's 98 Tahoe w/5.7).

Ya, I thouoght that too. Better safe than sorry even though they suck$$$$$:mad2:

Back