• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So if your not going synthetic.....

03WIDEMAX

BFT
Reaction score
I recently looked into changing the following over to a synthetic:

Trans fluid
Rear Diff
Front Diff
Transfer case

Long story short it's not in the budget right now (I did not get my Obama save me check yet :mad2:) Anyway what I'm wondering is what would you use (non-synthetic) and what weight for each of these items?

BTW Thanks for your efforts Wrecker, I just can swing it right now.

I recently looked into changing the following over to a synthetic:

Trans fluid
Rear Diff
Front Diff
Transfer case

Long story short it's not in the budget right now (I did not get my Obama save me check yet :mad2:) Anyway what I'm wondering is what would you use (non-synthetic) and what weight for each of these items?

BTW Thanks for your efforts Wrecker, I just can swing it right now.

No problem Jim, I'm a resource, use me. ):h

If I had to choose a nonsynthetic alternative I would use Castrol Hypoy C it's a good non synthetic gear oil that outperforms several widely known synthetic gear lubes.

Excuse me for sticking my 2c worth in here, but I believe the diffrentials REQUIRE synthetic. Alot of us have had very good luck with 75w90 Mobil1 and I'm sure the Amsoil equivalent is equally good. I wouldn't scrimp on either of those 2. It's only 6 qts total for them.

Excuse me for sticking my 2c worth in here, but I believe the diffrentials REQUIRE synthetic. Alot of us have had very good luck with 75w90 Mobil1 and I'm sure the Amsoil equivalent is equally good. I wouldn't scrimp on either of those 2. It's only 6 qts total for them.

That might be true, my wife's 03 2500 Burban does not require synthetic. Check your manual.

On my 2002 you can't put synthetic in the front differential unless you change out the vent breather.

Back