• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So I Bought a 5th wheel Yesterday

Reaction score
Went to drop off a Resume at Stewart Hass and stopped at Tom Johnsons, the wife said "lets just look at what they have" an hour later...
sabre.jpg

Nice Bruce! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the job search too. Hopefully Tony has something for you at one of his shops.

Yup, same way it happened for us.

Thought we'd rent a camper to see how we liked it, then thought we'd go a little deeper in and buy used.

Dropped in to a local lot to see what they had around and a hour later:

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04010.jpg

DSC04008.jpg

DSC04009.jpg

1237d529.jpg

Wha-Bam!

Impulse buy.

Probably the biggest one yet.........:doh:

Went to drop off a Resume at Stewart Hass and stopped at Tom Johnsons, the wife said "lets just look at what they have" an hour later...
sabre.jpg

Nice camper you bought racedaymechanic. Guess you went to Tom Johnsons in Charlotte I suppose. He has some nice stuff and he has another sales lot in Marion. Good luck on the application at Tony's team.

Great White, that is a nice camper you have. Is that a 32 or 34 footer? I could get the wife to camp in one of those. One of these days I am going to pull the trigger on one. That is the main reason I bought my 2500HD, I knew in the future I would be buying a decent sized camper.

Nice camper you bought racedaymechanic. Guess you went to Tom Johnsons in Charlotte I suppose. He has some nice stuff and he has another sales lot in Marion. Good luck on the application at Tony's team.

Concord Right across the street from The race track

Yup, same way it happened for us.

Thought we'd rent a camper to see how we liked it, then thought we'd go a little deeper in and buy used.

Dropped in to a local lot to see what they had around and a hour later:

DSC04008.jpg

Wha-Bam!

Impulse buy.

Probably the biggest one yet.........:doh:

Is it possible to sit at that table?

Looks like it...If 2 People like a Corner in their Stomach!

Nope, 4 people fit just fine with room to spare. Like sitting at a good sized kitchen table. There's a leaf that slides out of the end.

Must be the angle that makes it look like a no go...It's also in the stowed and strapped position for traveling in that pic.

maybe...I thought you had to move it out into the middle of the camper to use it...

Not possible. Bolted to the floor.

I've had 4 adults around it playing cards, no issues.

Lots of room to play, have chips and dip, and set your beers down.

We've had several large dinners at it also.

It's oddly bigger than it looks, but it works!

/hijack

Well went and picked up the RV last night, Brutus pulled it well and the 5th wheel tows great, now the bad news the freshwater tank FELL OUT FROM UNDER IT!! on the way home Im not kidding, so I cut everything loose, and stuffed the tank and assorted other part and drove 45 miles back to Tom Johnsons this morning I was waiting there when they came into work at 7:30 they assured me It will be top priority and are getting a new tank overnighted, So that pretty much ended my Camping Trip for this weekend. There were a couple pretty good grades I go up on the way home and I was able to accelerate up them, Temps were good EGT never hit 900f around 12 pounds boost at close to wot, cruising at 65 3-4lbs of boost, so I am very happy with the truck

Back