• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So... Am I crazy for this thought?

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Ok, before everyone just says I'm crazy in general... :hihi:

I was looking last week for craps and grins, and came across this truck. A 2002 Sliverado 2500HD CC/SB LB7. 143,000 miles. It's one of my favorite body styles for the Silverados and in the color I really like as well. Not terribly high miles and what looks like in good shape inside and out. And, it's only about 50 miles or so from me, so it's very tempting to go look at it. It's a two owner truck, each one owning it for about 4.5 years. Also has a mount in the bed for a gooseneck.

Looking at the carfax, it had the front output shaft seal replaced in Jan. 2003. And was "serviced" at a dealer in Dec. 2004 at 43,800 miles. The first owner sold it in June 2006 with 64,000 miles.

So I'm looking for some input from you guys. I won't lie, it's very tempting. I do know about the injectors and being underneath the valve covers. I've been going through the LB7 section here trying to read up on as much as possible too. So... Whatcha think?

Here is the listing:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ing=false&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

And here is the Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=1GCHK23132F155414&partner=CDM_0

did you buy it?

The listing is gone and the carfax says it has had a third owner fro 11 days now.....

No, I didn't buy it. It was tempting, but didn't pull the trigger. I still have my eye out there in case something catches it. I've seen a couple decent ones out there. Nothing though that has made me jump on it.

Back