• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

snapped spade off gloplug, will solder hold it?

Jason63

Reaction score
or am i going to have to get a new one, i already got it soldered and its solid, just not sure if its going to get hot enough to turn the solder back to liquid

My guess is if it doesn't melt it will get soft enough and come apart from the vibration. You could try it though but make sure the wire is protected in case it comes apart and contacts metal during the glow cycle.

Leo

You could crimp on a new one, I did that on my old 96 6.5 as they were all rusted horrible. Just use them slandered ends you get in the wiring section at the parts store. Couple bucks for a hand full of them. Worked fine for years with some heat shrink on it :thumbsup:

solder will work fine. I had a 1974 chevy dump I installed a 6.2 with Banks turbo kit. The clearance between exhaust manifold and #6 and #8 glow plugs was so tight that I removed the tabs, soldered a 3 inch piece of wire on and soldered the tab to the end of the wire. Never had the solder come loose on them.

Back