• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

snake oil...

You can get that stuff at any Auto Parts Store here in the US, even Wal Mart Sells it...and for ALOT Less than $106.95

I Used it in a few High Mileage Vehicles. Dunno if it made a Difference, but it was worth a Shot.

Stay away!!! I used it once in a very high mileage ford ranger....with very bad results! Started smoking bad!!! I have connections at Lucas Oil and they wanted me to sue!

Shits like 10 bux in the states.... I've used it in numerous vehicles. Never noticed much gains or negative results either.... NOT worth that thigh price though!

I've tried it twice.

Without fail, it messed something up.

First time (I was young and stupid then) was on an old Bronco II with the 2.9 v6. The lifters got so loud within a day it scared me enough to think the engine was going to hammer something to death. Couple engine flushes later it was back to normal.

Second (I was old and desperate then) was in my 599 block because the filler tube was chuffing light a steam engine climbing a mountain pass. Oil pressure went through the roof when the stuff went in then stabilized about 5 psi higher than normal. Next few days saw the oil pressure dropping off below what it was before the stuff went in. No difference in chuffing. Couple flushes later, oil pressure was back to pre-additive levels.

If you want to look at it objectively, It probably cost me more to use it than not. Who knows what damage it did and it also cost me the price of a couple oil changes and a couple bottles of engine oil flush both times I tried it.

The prices in the auction are outrageous! Stay far away from that rip off.

Once again; Don't do it......

Back