• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smoked cab lights

I am wanting to get a set of the "smoked' cab lights too, does anyone know what the measurements are for a freash install?

I smoked my own. Looks good, and cost 6 bucks for a can of VHT night shades. I love it, i've done my 05 tails, 3rd brake light, front marker/turns, and my cab lights. Good stuff, and CHEAP. You can replace your factory 194 bulbs with 194 LED's. Just giving some other options.

Joe

I have the Recon smoked LED cab lights. They look great and are much brighter then stock.

I had the original bulb style smoked Recon cab lights and the lens' were beginning to yellow a bit. I'm hoping they've changed to a more UV resistant plastic lens.

I have three sets of smoked NBS clearance light from Recon in the garage to install on a 2004, 2005, and 2006 trucks. I will be installing the 2006 ones tonight useing a factory GM harness. Let the fun begin!!!:beer:

I think Im gonna smoke everything with that VHT stuff. Ill go order a can now.

Eventually I want all LEDs everywhere on the truck though. They ust look so much better.

Mine are almost done. I went 5" back from the rear edge of the windshield molding to front edge of lights on all three which gives enough room to clear the support brace in the roof and 3 1/2" from the inside edge of the door opening rubber to the outside edge of the light. I will finish the install tomorrow night and post pictures.

I am wanting to get a set of the "smoked' cab lights too, does anyone know what the measurements are for a freash install?

I am trying to get the instruction sheet from Recon for the three 2007.5 and newer cab light kits I bought last week from them and here is the GREAT customer service response I recieved from them........ So I guess I am off to figure it out:rolleyes:

Hey Jeff,
We do not have install instructions for the newest 07.5+ chevy/gmc cab lights. Our kits are really to be used a factory OE replacement. You should be able to figure out what needs to be done if you are mounting them on your truck and the truck did not come with cab lights as factory.[/font]

Todd Fleischman
AMG, Inc. &
RECON Accessories
Direct: (561) 945-8633
(877) 37-RECON
(561) 892-4680
www.reconaccessories.com

Back