• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smoke at Idle??

millertilldeath

Reaction score
My 07lbz is churning blue smoke during idle. I changed my exhaust this week to 4" turbo back straight pipe (sounds Great). I have noticed it after getting off of the interstate,sitting in line at the drive thru. And during start up. I run my predater on 85. I havent put my finger stick on yet. I was thinking that may be the prob. dunno maybe someone can help me on this. Also after start up I noticed what seemed to be a noise that sounds like a compresser kicking on but the a/c was off. Thanks in advance.

A little smoke is natural for a diesel, I would not worry too much about it, if the blue smoke is heavy then you might have a problem...

It has been a while since I had a Predator, and I do not remember the exact instructions. If you have the owner's manual, it walks you through it.

If not, look for something on the menu like "Diagnostics" or "Check Real Time Data."

Bud, I dont think the LBZ predators are capable of that. I think the LLY predators were the last to be able to do that. I looked for it after I traded in my 04.5 and never could find it. I could be wrong though.

Mine will smoke at idle on occasion and this seems to be a common thing with the LBZ's.
The "smoke" I'm talking about is a light gray haze.

I have never seen an LBZ not smoke at idle, thats how I know what the truck is packin infront of me, I know if it has a little smoke comein out the tail it has got the LBZ, they are fuelin pretty hard right out of the box, and factor in that you just got off a highway and the motor was dumpin fuel to move the aero dynamically challenged truck and then all of the sudden no more load on the motor, makeing smoke. I wouldn't worry to much, checking balance rates isn't a bad idea though

Last edited:
Back