• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Small Engine repair - fuel leak

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Reaction score
I have a generator with a 13 hp Honda GX390 engine. There is a small fuel drip when it runs, coming off the carburetor bowl.

The gasket appears to be leaking, but I can't find a replacement gasket on-line. The Honda repair manual list the complete carburetor assembly (for $91), but not the component parts.

Any suggestions? Will RTV sealant work - ?

Whats the current one made of?

buy some gasket paper and hammer cut your own if not...

but there should be a tag on the carb that will let you know which carb it is...then you can look up that carb and get an exploded view and parts list and search the part #...

I've had good luck making small equipment carb bowl gaskets from gasket material, tracing the old one and spending time with the xacto knife set and other modelling tools from my youth. RTV is generally not very compatible with gasoline. I have seen some similar products that are.

Bud, Looks like you might need part #1 in the diagram, part number 16010-ZE2-812 on the site I found this diagram. Might be Honda part #3511383. Found it for ~$12. Still seems steep for what appears to be an o-ring, although I guess you are getting all 3 on the bowl.
- Tom

1400.png

Glad to be of help. My life these days seems to revolve around keeping 3 old JD garden tractors, a 1989 Evinrude 140 that spent all of its life in salt water and my Tahoe running. I have gotten pretty practiced at quickly finding diagrams and manuals/parts lists....

Back