• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Silverline 4" dual exhaust on my 2008 GMC

drthv8r

Recruit
Reaction score
My Silverline 409 SS dual exhaust came in today and I was able to install it this afternoon. It went on pretty straight forward, but thank goodness for a lift, I wouldn't want to do this one on the ground. The install instructions pretty much suck and they leave a lot to be desired.

The exhaust has a nice throaty rumble to it at part throttle, and is fairly quiet at idle. I had a Banks Monster exhaust (single) on my 2004 2500HD and it was quiet pretty much all through the RPM range.

I've included a few pictures, we ran out of time this evening to finish things up (prior engagements) I'm going back in the AM so we can double check everything. Silverline seems to be a lot of bank for the buck, so far I'm happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• Img_0216r.jpg
    Img_0216r.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Img_0217r.jpg
    Img_0217r.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Img_0218r.jpg
    Img_0218r.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 33
Thanks guys for the kind words, it's a turbo back system. My truck finally smells like a diesel should...lol.

I think they look awesome....My MBRP tubing is all rusy so once I get settled here, Silverline duals for me are on my list.

I wanted to add that the hisssing sound from the VVT turbo at idle isn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I've also read that duals from some companies aren't recommend if you have a 5th wheel hitch installed. I have a 16K Reese 5th wheel hitch and it caused no issues with the exhaust install.

lbz to lb7.... :D i like it. can hear the rumble a lot more without the vvt closing down.

Thanks guys. I got rid of the hissing so I could hear the rumble and burble of the exhaust better.

Makes sense. I like the rumble of my LLY when I take off from a stop but I do like hearing the turbo whistle to.

The turbo still whistles, it's just the exhaust doesn't sound like a jet at idle now...:)

I buying an exhaust this week, was going with the MRBP 4' SS, does the silveline have a better finish. What's the deal with yours Nick?

I don't know about a better finish. The Silverline I installed is 409 SS, I would think 409 SS is 409 SS no matter who or where you purchased it from. The 304 SS is a much better finish but way more expensive. My exhaust did come with the 304 SS tips which adds a nice finishing touch.

Back