• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Shutting down my operations

Drago

Reaction score
Sams Club has Diesel at 3.48 a gallon, it cost me from 1.35 to 2.35 a gallon to make which I'm going to have to cut with kerosene anyway in a couple of months and I have about 80 gallons made already. Not worth the time and labor at this time, at least when it goes back up, and it will, I can start right back up . I think next year starting the first day of spring I'll crank it up hard and make a years worth while the weather is warm.

What are you making? So far, in 3 months or so, I've spent peanuts on fuel. I get the WATF for free, either pay 50 cent a litre for jet fuel or get it for free and have a barrel over at a lawnmower place for their stale fuel. I cut it 70 oil, 30 gas, seems to be the right mix for me.

I'm making BioD, I was dependent on sunlight on getting my veggie oil up to 130F with the aid of a drum heater belt. I can only batch 30, gallons at a time. everything I'm using is some sort of jury rig or compromise so this winter I'm going to try to ramp it up to at least 50 gallon batches and make a years worth in week or two this summer.

I work in a plant that has a cafe and they're good for five gallons a week, local churches and civic groups that have fish fry's or turkey fry's and co workers make up half and I purchase it outright from another cooker down the road a ways.

You IMO should look at running WVO. You'd have to convert to a DB2, but well worth it depending on how much you drive.
BioD is to much of a pain. I had it down to a science, could batch 50 gallons with about 10-15 minutes of hands on time. Then it went in the truck.

Or Waste oils, get some drums in at tranny shops, heavy machine shops, you'll have all the oil you can handle.

there are three major WVO collection companies and numerous WMO companies as well, I did a lot of area canvasing and my best results are clubs and churches for the WVO. I don't like working with WMO, too nasty and health issues. I plan on getting proper equipment this winter with my extra overtime money and just spend a week cooking all the BioD I think I'm going to need.

Back