• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Show me the $$$

woodchuck2

Reaction score
Well it snowed here Friday night until yesterday morning dumping about 14", wake up this morning to about 2" and still snowing. The weatherfolk :rolleyes5: dont have a clue what we are getting this round. They have forecasted 6"-16" by tomorrow morning. Lots of plowing have already been done and to do yet :thumbsup: .

got 8inches on friday and about 3inches so far today. might get more wedesday too.

I just got back in from plowing, i havent measured yet but it is at least 14" again today. They are still forecasting 2-4" for tonight. We have gotten at least 36" of snow this week. Who knows what we will get this coming week. I havent seen this much snow this early since i was a little kid.

I think were going to have alot of snow this year. the past few years we never got this much snow till january..

Got about a total of 12" here in MA from Fri-Sun. Made good money on the first storm. Hope it's the first of many. I hate having to say I live in this state...

hour wise good question but for a normal size drive way its between 30-40 bucks

I was more than Happy to remove my customers snow...............for a price.

One guy on my route "MIKE" called before the season began to complain about the cost each time I was charging to show up and plow as he thinks I should plow all the snow per/storm no matter how long it snows and how many trips I have to make to keep the driveways clear...........:mad2:..........instead of a per/push which is how I bill for snow removal.

So on December 23rd into December 24th through out the night we had a nice 2" or so of sleet, then in the morning we got some cold rain on top of that sleet and with temps in the mid 30 degree range it was making a wet, sloppy mess of the driveways.

So I plowed everyone else out first and I waited until about 3:30 in the afternoon on Christmas Eve to get to his driveway and he was valiantly shoveling his parking area with a shovel and looked really happy moving that wet snow..............:thumbsup:

As I plowed my way in he was happy to see me, in fact he was so happy he promptly put his shovel away, watched me clear the mess, and then wished me a Merry Christmas and told me that he really doesn't care what it costs, shoveling sucks and he is more than happy to pay the price to get the driveway properly maintained....................):h

I guess when confronted with doing the work by hand or paying someone to plow it doesn't take long to make the case that shoveling does suck.

:D

Ive done that a couple times ridge, this year is the first year i started plowing as a driver.. and guys were trying to get me to get the price down and i said no i know how this Plowing business works and the price wont be lowerd it is a fair price! and he got all pissed at me so i did the same thing you did dont show up to 3-4pm and there out there shoveling and i started plowing and he was all joyed to see me.. that ended his complaining!

My minimum is $30 for any new customers and that again for sanding. I do have a few older customers who are $25. If i have anyone ask for a lower price or argue the price i just ask if they would shovel it for that money. If they say yes then it is theirs to do, i am not going to roll my truck that cost $42k into their driveway during my time, my fuel, my business insurance and do it for any less. Dont like it then too bad.

What do you guys get hourwise plowing?? Just curious as I may try it someday.

Minimum here is $60 an hour depending on size of driveway, location "angles/steepness", how many obsticles that are in the way, room to push snow and the time they need to be out. If i have to be at two different locations at opposite ends of my plow route before anyone else then they pay extra for that service. Not worth it to me to drive 10-20 miles out of my way just to have a driveway plowed before a particular time and then drive back to get the next driveway by a particular time, somebody has to pay for that.

Back