• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I stay or should I run?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Worked with a RV broker last year and things went well. One of the few places that don't care that I use a 1993... Now I am working with them part time and have gone 30 days without pay. I am out upfront fuel and tire costs for RV's at the moment. I have a another job that pays the bills, this is just for fun.

The company went through a partner leaving the business and opening a competing business.

Supposedly they are getting a loan to pay everyone. Can't pay anyone as planned now. IF and IF that happens to where I do get paid should I still work for them? Or should I take the money and run?

This is the 2nd time I have gone through this with hot-shotting and brokers. The last one turned out to get us paid but, not before I had the truck repo'd.

I'd sure be leary of hanging around waiting to get bit again.

You have learned that they don't pay their obligations on time. I don't know that you want to be around if/when that turns into not paying their financial obligations at all.

Good luck.

You know the phrase...
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..........."

Depends on how you feel about them. I'd give a person I think is trying and a second chance if they can show some credibility. Now that you know each other a little and you know pay could be delayed I'd ask for expected or % of expenses up front and then see what they say. Not sure I'd stick my neck out until I see the actual carrot though. Get everything in writing and see if you can put a lein on the travel trailer or other if you don't get paid ???? It has a title doesn't it. But if you depend on the money I would be leary. Sounds like its a bit of gamble.

Back