• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should i get it

I actually really like that body style. I had a '92 dually and sold it. Looks like a steal and it has already had lots done to it!

I emailed him and told him that i would give him $8400 if he keeps it till early august.

He doesnt look he is in a hurry to sell it, BUT well see.

Why wait? thats a lot of truck for $8k, I like those 12 valves, simple yet strong. Also from what I've heard those trannies from that era are much stronger than the latter 5.9's, If you like it beg, borrow, or steal.jump on it, Then you can change your name to wanacummins...

lol, ill change it to gottacummins :p

And ima see if hell take a deposit... Of course, well have to make a legal-binding agreement, so he cant take my money and run..

Good thing my grandfather is a notary/lawyer!! :sifone::sifone::sifone:

9 times out of 10 if it's that good of a deal he won't take the deposit, sorry, I don't mean to be a naysayer... But if some one comes up with a fist full of dollars he'll bite, sorry again. All I'm saying is in my experience if its a great deal you have to be the first to jump, or let it go and keep looking. I see a lot of guys dumping there diesels for lower than average prices, which is bad for me, but good for you. good luck...

thanks, and you aint bein a naysayer. Your tellin it like it is, which is helpful.

I guess ill call him today before work, and see how he likes my offer, or who i gotta hit up for a family loan :p

Yes I'm joking. I've hit pops up in the past, when I found a deal I couldn't pass up and I would of taken to long for the bank to posses a loan ie... weekend, holiday. I always paid him back very quickly, as soon as my loan went through.

Man, I would be all over that truck. It says he would like to get 8k for it....why wait? Sure, you could get something newer, but why? He is even throwing in an intercooler and has made the truck bullet proof. I wish I were in your shoes. I would give up my $600 a month for that truck TODAY. Don't get me wrong....my truck is bad ass, but that one is also. DO IT!!!!!

I DONE IT!

Greg called me back today, and he said, yea, ill accept your offer.

So ima go look at it wednesday, and put my 3K down on it.

What can quite possibly happen, is that my parents will actually just straight up buy it, and ill pay them back $4200 :drool5::drool5:

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Congrats man! So will you guys get something in writing when you give him the $3k? How soon after wednesday will you be able to get him the remainder? Let us know when you get the keys!

Back