• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Shop Weekend: March 25th - 28th, 2011

Do you plan on attending?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumminalong

Doghouse Diesel Performance
Reaction score
Folks,

We'll be doing our annual shop weekend again this spring on March 25th - 28th, 2011

Last year we had about 42 trucks and about 60 people, including 3 fifth wheels, 2 travel trailers, lots of tents, etc.

Basically what we do is open up house for these 4 days and it's a big wrench fest. We pretty much make everything at our disposal available for use. Now, obviously if something has to go on the lifts, or in the mill, or on the lathe or needs to be welded, or needs to be torched, we take care of that for liability reasons.

The usual schedule looks like this.

Folks show up on Friday and we start on the projects that folks want to do.

Friday night we go to the track and for $15 you can run all you want and pick fights with the local hot rods. Everyone that isn't racing usually ends up drunk as a skunk.

Saturday morning we do breakfast (pancakes, sausage, bacon, toast, coffee, etc) and the projects continue. This is the big work day.

Saturday night we do a cook out. Usually lots of shrimp, crabs, etc that some of my buddies bring from Maryland and Louisianna. As long as the weather is good, we get the bon fire going.

Sunday we head up to the dyno and let everybody beat up the rollers. We usually catch breakfast on the way to the dyno and bring the grill along to cook on site. We also bring the shop trailer so we can fix any breakage on-site.

Monday we do breakfast, finish any last little projects and most folks start rolling out.

It's always a good time and we'd like to invite anyone that would like to attend.

We have lots of space available for trailers, tents, etc. The closest hotel is about 10 - 12 miles from the shop (Ramada). If you need power, we have 2 generators available and you can fill your water tanks at the shop.

Feel free to bring the shotguns. We break out the skeet thrower and let folks embarass themsleves on the clays.

If you can make it, we'd love to have you. It's a family friendly event, so don't be shy about bringing significant others, kids, and / or pets.

The only thing we ask is that if you need to do work in the shop, just make a small donation of expendables that get consumed during the event. Stuff like BrakeKleen, shop towels, zip lock bags, large trash bags, Simple Green, zip ties, mops, brooms, etc. are stuff that is always appreciated.

If you'd like to provide some local fare from your home town / area, that's always good too. A lot of the guys that hunt, fish, etc. always bring some good stuff.

:thumbsup:

If you'd like to attend, just hit the poll up top so it gives us an idea of how many folks would be attending.

I'm going to try to make it Rich...will bring the travel trailer...hopefully my truck will have the rebuild complete by then and maybe even broken in...I'd like to dyno and race but I have to head out on sunday afternoon to be back in time to work on monday at 2:00am and still get some sleep...

on edit: Rich...give me an address or city and state to map this out to see how much time I need to allow for travel

Last edited:
Okay folks, here is what you need to know to get to the shop.

If you can't get to Auburn, AL or Columbus, GA....there isn't much I can do for you.

For those of you towing a camper, I HIGHLY recommend that you follow the route from I-85 in Auburn and follow that to the shop. The other routes have some twisty, narrow roads.

Slide1-4.jpg

Slide2-2.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back