• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

She quit running

94 6.5 3500HD

Reaction score
Well after running beautifully for me for almost a year, she quit running suddenly like it ran out of fuel. I ran and got 10 gallons and poured it in. No dice. Cracked an inj line, no fuel on cranking. I've been meaning to put a new lift pump in it for piece of mind, so i did. No dice. I think the last one was shot because the new one is alot noisier. I got it to fire and run well for 5-10 seconds on a small shot of starting fluid. (bad I know). Still no fuel coming out when i crack a line, bt it does flow out of the filter thingy. I installed a Heath kit when I bought it (chip, tm, new pmd in the bumper). Obviously the inj pump isn't pumping, but I'm not sure where to look next. Any help is much appreciated, I'm off to cruise for some more info.....Jason in CT

This is hurting my head thinking about it and not sure what to say..
How old is your IP? Was iit running good before hand?

Sounds like you have fuel to the IP but not to the injectors. Check the fuel shut off sol. fuse as well as the ECM fuse to rule those out. Check the grounds as well. I would also check the ext. to the FSD. Does the fuel sol. click when the ign. is turned on? Leo

Jump the LP to see if the pump running and getting fuel out of your t-valve without OPS. If the LP runs and fuel out when jump, then LP is good.

Then, measure the voltage at the connector to the LP down under the driver on the frame. You have to check it with ign key "on". If there is no voltage, then OPS is bad.

OPS is located underneath the Glow Plug relay toward the driver side from the Fuel filter (very close to the firewall). At least that is where mine is on 95. IIRC, yours should be the same for 94. 96+ is under the intake manifold.

What he is trying to say is that the PIN G on your diagnostic port(located under dash, below steering column) is connected directly to your lift pump. Putting 12 v 's to that port will power your lift pump. You should hear it running and get fuel out of the T-valve.

Back