• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

She passed her first emissions!

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
I guess our state started doing them on my year. I was previously exempt the last few times.

It was horrible hearing her scream like that with me in the other room, not even there to sooth her! 3 or 4 times, must have been WOT for 3-4 seconds a piece. ROAR! :eek:

I told the guy if any question please ask, beacuse I have alot of things off toggle switches, and I just went through the rig cleaning and checking things over the weekend and its all good for sure.

He comes back and says is there a toggle or a gizmo for the wipers? (keep in mind I have 6 toggles scattered about plus 4 gauges and a GPS, truck is busy inside :) ) I said, "wipers? nah, just need to open the hood and wack the box there, then they are good for weeks... I'll show you". With a smooth smack of the wrist, she was happy again and the wipers were full function. She passed!

Opacity reading was a 2 out of 20. (20 fails).

No mention of Cat whatsoever as its 12,500 GVW I believe is why.

At that weight you would be exempt in CT. It just goes to show what BS the Cat/Soot trap is. Mine is gutted and I blew exactly what you did. 2% on a 20% limit. With ULSD they pass without all the emissions crap.

Both times i've tested my truck i've gone without the soot trap and muffler(and the stacks as well). First time it blew a 1.9%, second time which was a few days ago(with about 10 gallons of LSD from a station by work in the tank) it blew a 2.8%.

Never heard a thing about the cat/muffler being MIA either time.

max % at the place i went to was 40% both times, so i passed with flying colors both times.

I think kenny is spot on with the ULSD really helping emissions on these trucks.

Just and idea but a lot of people in the greater Seattle Tacoma area fill their tanks with Bio-Diesel, run it for a little while, and then go for their emissions.

They all pass!

So, it looks like for diesel, the fuel is very important. ULSD makes whatever they measure to be low even without any emission reducing equipment.

Well I think the WOT at idle gave my balancer its last leg.

She was making a noise that sure as hell sounded like exhaust. I came home and it made that noise more in gear and less in park. Couldn't pin point it, sure sounded like the turbo downpipe. So I tightened that a few turns.

Then it sounded more scratchy....

Went away at high idle.

Then I was probing around with the ear things and it stopped all together...... Which makes finding it tough.

I ran the truck and my balancer looks wabbly even though rubber appears good.

I ran a wrench on the backside of it as it idled with belt off and sure as **** it goes in and out a little bit. Not as bad as it LOOKS but it did have some wobble.

I have a new one coming 7:30 AM. for 55 bux.

Not the fluidampr, but If I lose an engine because I've been 'saving' for the fluidampr thats not a good thing.

Truck is parked, idling smooth and quiet ATM, (unlike my gut) and I'm out for work tomorrow which is going to piss off a lot of people.

This will be the first time in 1 1/2 years that I missed a job due to truck. Not to bad.

Back