• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup for 26,000gcvw on a 6.5

Adam, it sucks to see that some non-driver ruined your truck for you.. Just sucks. :(

For conversations sake, what are you hauling in the big truck? Is it a Freightshaker, Intl, KW, etc.?

malibu795
Quote Originally Posted by Chevypoor View Post
That sucks... glad nobody was hurt.

Just going through a totaled vehicle situation. The insurance gave us a check for the value minus the salvage value since we are keeping it. We get to keep the title... not sure if we fixed it if we would have a salvage title or not. I assumed since we have the title we could get it registered and inspected again without too much hassle. Did you have to give up your title?

Good luck with everything... looks like a mess.
i have to swap the tittle to salvage and show proof of said tittle before i can get the insurance check

We had to show proof that it was in our name with no liens... that was it. Sent them a copy of the title via e-mail and had a check three days later. My wife is from New York and I was discussing this post with her. She said New York would require a salvage title as well. Interesting how things change state to state.

the TV truck was speeding dove off the road . . then sideswide me as he came back on the road to miss a telephone pole..

Soooo . . . Your neck is still sore, having trouble sleeping due to increasing levels of back pain, increasing level / number of headaches, and dropping tools due to tingling in your fingers / hands; right . . .? That should get you in Peterbuilt / Freightliner / Volvo territory :hihi:

But seriously, if you have even the mildest of the above symptoms, don't dork around and go see the medics as the longer you wait, the longer it will take to recover (don't ask how I know ;) ).

Soooo . . . Your neck is still sore, having trouble sleeping due to increasing levels of back pain, increasing level / number of headaches, and dropping tools due to tingling in your fingers / hands; right . . .? That should get you in Peterbuilt / Freightliner / Volvo territory :hihi:

But seriously, if you have even the mildest of the above symptoms, don't dork around and go see the medics as the longer you wait, the longer it will take to recover (don't ask how I know ;) ).
jay it move anything in the cab..skid marks are from my brakes

Last edited by a moderator:
Malibu,
I have been building my 2000 K3500 4x4 dually, quad cab, auto tranny, 200,000K to pull around 26K. I purchased the truck 2 months ago at a cheasy type lot. I am pulling a 2006 haulmark 30' gooseneck 3 axle that loaded is grossing around 23K over the continental divide in MT. The first load almost killed it, 230 degrees, 10 MPH and black smoke at the top. After the first near death for the truck experience I have tore into it. Where to start LOL.....
From SS diesel supply new Marine injectors, lift pump, PMD relocator, oil pressure switch, 4 in. stainless exhaust, high volume water pump, 180 degree thermostats, their best fan clutch, boost gauge, cold air.
From auto parts warehouse bosch glow plugs, glow plug relay, boost solenoid, turbo charger (should have went with a better one but didn't know, will run it for a while) new steering box, a arms, tie rod ends, billstien shocks, pads and calipers.
I haven't had another big load over the pass yet but with a light load (small trailer) it didn't even shift down on cruse from 65 mph. Boost peaks at about 12-13, pulling the hill 6-8, flat ground about 3. Temp never went above 190 but it is colder here now to, no black smoke. I am going to build a manual wastegate controller from instructions here and experiment for more power. Before summer I intend a new radiator, oil cooler and lines and water wetter. Mileage has went from (highway empty) 10 to 15 mpg.
Can anyone tell me if I had a larger cross over exhaust pipe made would it help or should I stay stock diameter? and how much tension spring should I use for the wastegate controller?
I am hoping for a couple years until I can afford a newer 3500 for the company.
This site has been very helpful, thanks to everyone and Happy Turkey day to all!

Malibu,
I have been building my 2000 K3500 4x4 dually, quad cab, auto tranny, 200,000K to pull around 26K. I purchased the truck 2 months ago at a cheasy type lot. I am pulling a 2006 haulmark 30' gooseneck 3 axle that loaded is grossing around 23K over the continental divide in MT. The first load almost killed it, 230 degrees, 10 MPH and black smoke at the top. After the first near death for the truck experience I have tore into it. Where to start LOL.....
From SS diesel supply new Marine injectors, lift pump, PMD relocator, oil pressure switch, 4 in. stainless exhaust, high volume water pump, 180 degree thermostats, their best fan clutch, boost gauge, cold air.
From auto parts warehouse bosch glow plugs, glow plug relay, boost solenoid, turbo charger (should have went with a better one but didn't know, will run it for a while) new steering box, a arms, tie rod ends, billstien shocks, pads and calipers.
I haven't had another big load over the pass yet but with a light load (small trailer) it didn't even shift down on cruse from 65 mph. Boost peaks at about 12-13, pulling the hill 6-8, flat ground about 3. Temp never went above 190 but it is colder here now to, no black smoke. I am going to build a manual wastegate controller from instructions here and experiment for more power. Before summer I intend a new radiator, oil cooler and lines and water wetter. Mileage has went from (highway empty) 10 to 15 mpg.
Can anyone tell me if I had a larger cross over exhaust pipe made would it help or should I stay stock diameter? and how much tension spring should I use for the wastegate controller?
This site has been very helpful, thanks to everyone and Happy Turkey day to all!

Good luck on your soon to be rebuild! Walts injectors+towing heavy+stock turbo=hole in piston

If the intake is still the open element then you are doing more harm than good with it. The big round stock air box (k47) is one of the most sought after mods on a 6.5L

Malibu,
From auto parts warehouse bosch glow plugs, glow plug relay, boost solenoid, turbo charger (should have went with a better one but didn't

two things i'd know, will run it for a while) new steering box, a arms, tie rod ends, billstien shocks, pads and calipers.
two things i'd add to you build. Hayden2886 fan clutch. and a 34 element sprag in the tranny the fan clutch engages soo b than the 6.5 and fully engaged by 200* vs oem dmax is 230ish

Back