• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup for 26,000gcvw on a 6.5

the tranny due to shipping was 10 days the head gaskets was 7 days dues to i broke couple things on removal and had to wait for them to come in..

Have you started seeing a profit yet?

With the way you are tearing up the Duramax engines I suggest you look at a medium duty truck with a CAT engine in it. Not had the bad luck with the duramax engines as our broker runs them for 300K without issues. (Injectors, FPR, hoses, and water pumps is about it.) The DPF's did give us and one of their trucks problems. Till they fell off anyway. Not bolted on very well...

You should jump in the 6.5 carnage thread... :rolleyes5:

only issue i had dmax wise was it split a piston and got bad headgaskets from the dealer .. outside that haven't had issue with the engine itself got 61k on rebuild tranny just freshen up

Doing better on the 4L80E than I did. Mine only made 50K before the TCC clutch gave up. I was using the TCC override at WOT a lot. You using a better than stock converter clutch? 2nd gear manual compression braking is also a weak point as there is only a small clutch pack to hold the overrun. Never lock the TCC when compression braking in 2nd... :rolleyes5:

i have had only two trann related issuse sicne i started... sprag went out and took out FC DC 2nd man band FC hub and direct drum... and the TCC, it all happened with in 6,000 mile of each other with a holiday week (july 4th) in between the two break downs.... i havent set the manual TCC manual override up at all.. useing the 06 van's TCM (t42) and efi live i can tune the tranny as well... the TCC comes on and stays on above 30 mph regardless of throttle %. it automaticely release when you go to 0% throttle... havent figured out what over riding my tune... i have it set to release at 25mph. the with very large brake system i have on the GMT455 trucks (14/13.5 with dual 66mm piston calipers f/r).. and 8k brakes (12 1/4x 3 3/8") i can easily stop 26k on a 6% grade from 60mph with out fear of brake fade

as for profits.. i left monday with ~1800.00 in the bank.. come (29th) monday i will have pickup and delivered 4550.00 worth of product with ~3300 miles travel including ~500 mile out of route to come home for the weekend..(sprung a leak on my aux oil cooler fitting) normally i'm 1500-1800 miles and 2500-3000 gross.. the part that hurts is i have had ytd 35 days that extended through the weekend and into the work week for repairs either man hour or shipping related delays.. at an avg rate of 500.00 a day in lost revenue.. for a rough total of 17,000 lost revenue. boss cuts me check for 85% of truck gross minus 100.00 for insurance and bol/bill processing weekly..
flushing the brake system tonight... brake fluid is a ~3% wet and a brown/blackish color

happened 11/12/13
1452180_10201885879562206_2007186887_n.jpg

581273_10201885879922215_1660430779_n.jpg

1463923_10201885880802237_786242673_n.jpg

1461638_10201885881322250_1008571974_n.jpg

1005376_10201885881962266_665927095_n.jpg

1463448_10201885881562256_1419303826_n.jpg

totaled :(
no frame damage but 3800.00 to the front clip.. said the truck is value at 4500.00 even with the prove of swaps and upgrades

Did the Direct TV truck pull out in front of you?

Glad the damage was mostly cosmetic.

Did the Direct TV truck pull out in front of you?

Glad the damage was mostly cosmetic.

the TV truck was speeding dove off the road so he wouldnt eat it at the or just after of the neck of the trailer.. then sideswide me as he came back on the road to miss a telephone pole..

if i rebuild it i have to deal with slavage/rebuilt title crap and inspections etc.....

IMO, if valued at 4500 then it is worth more to you at this point than anyone else. Buy it back and drive it/get it back under the trailer. My 00 was a part time car hauler that was totaled under 5K miles and rebuilt, its currently on its 2nd rebuilt title.

how easy is the package to swap? (as in how much custom fabbing you had to do) could you find another HD for sale with a blown 6.5L and swap your powertrain in?

good luck with sorting stuff out, doesnt look fun. :(

how easy is the package to swap? (as in how much custom fabbing you had to do) could you find another HD for sale with a blown 6.5L and swap your powertrain in?

good luck with sorting stuff out, doesnt look fun. :(

cut the rad car support for CAC and fenders for the pipe... in relation to another HD chassis.... .. it be easier just to swap the cab over and front clip...

That sucks... glad nobody was hurt.

Malibu795 stated:
if i rebuild it i have to deal with slavage/rebuilt title crap and inspections etc.....

Just going through a totaled vehicle situation. The insurance gave us a check for the value minus the salvage value since we are keeping it. We get to keep the title... not sure if we fixed it if we would have a salvage title or not. I assumed since we have the title we could get it registered and inspected again without too much hassle. Did you have to give up your title?

Good luck with everything... looks like a mess.

That sucks... glad nobody was hurt.

Just going through a totaled vehicle situation. The insurance gave us a check for the value minus the salvage value since we are keeping it. We get to keep the title... not sure if we fixed it if we would have a salvage title or not. I assumed since we have the title we could get it registered and inspected again without too much hassle. Did you have to give up your title?

Good luck with everything... looks like a mess.
i have to swap the tittle to salvage and show proof of said tittle before i can get the insurance check

Back