• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Exhaust Fluid System

Was wondering if you had anymore problems with your truck? Just got that service exhaust fluid system in my truck. The recall has already been done with no mods to truck beside wheels and tires

So far no. Either you have a bad DEF Fluid pump, or one of the sensors throughout the exhaust has went bad.

So out of curiosity what brand of DEF is the best?

Dealer is trying to say that we could have used poor quality DEF

So out of curiosity what brand of DEF is the best?

Dealer is trying to say that we could have used poor quality DEF

I use the BLUE DEF from Walmart,Tractor Supply, etc...

I would say they are being the typical dealer and trying to blame something on you..

Well got the truck back on Friday. The replaced the DEF tank and "refilled" the DEF. Today we leave the house and get the message "Exhaust Fluid Quality Low". So I ran it a little harder than usual on freeway and it cleared the code. Any suggestions?

Sell it and buy an 07 LBZ, LOL.

Keep an eye on it. GM will either fix it or you'll just have to disable it in 4.5 years or 100k, lol. **** Obama and his BS emissions.

Well got the truck back on Friday. The replaced the DEF tank and "refilled" the DEF. Today we leave the house and get the message "Exhaust Fluid Quality Low". So I ran it a little harder than usual on freeway and it cleared the code. Any suggestions?

With them changing everything out I'm sure the computer had to "catch up". It probably will be fine.

They should have cleared the computer prior to turning the truck back to you. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully you will be trouble free. Thanks for the update.

Back