• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Exhaust Fluid System

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got this message along with the DEF Light... Guess a dealer trip this week.

Do you think it has anything to do with the tuner Jeff? I guess we will find out what the dealer can see. Good luck!!!

:(
Hopefully you won't get the old:
"Cannot duplicate customer's concern at this time. Vehicle operating normally."

Bill... Im not sure, I'm thinking it's in need of a regen because I haven't been on a highway in a few days now.

Grady. I think those service writers take count on how many times they can write that in a week... :hihi:

I havent had a chance to drive it today, we shall see what happens.

man you don't wanna be there to watch them do a techII induced forced regen on your truck is all I can say...I was talking to MikeL and it didn't sound like something I'd want to actually experience them doing to my vehicle...

Don't they run it at 3,000 for 45 minutes or something ridiculous like that?

I watched the VW dealer do one to someone's car while I was there last week. Sounded like it was at 4,000 screaming away out in the parking lot.

something along those lines Grady...the heat the truck produces during this is enough to heat a northern home in the winter time...

Yea I've parked my car outside a couple of times when it was in regen as I got home. It gets super hot and smells like burning metal... the cooling fans run in jet mode when it happens.

I'm going to call the dealer in the morning.. Maybe that can get to it.

I want it off so bad, but like now, if it was I'd be putting back on for this dealer trip. This message is actually about the Exhaust FLUID System... So, I'm not sure if my recall letter they sent is actually my problem as I've got around 12K on the truck and not one problem regarding DEF issues until now.

Finally got to drive the truck this morning, light is now gone.. I may try to get to the dealer next week and see how it does this weekend.

Will it freak out and limp if you keep driving with it on (or do you not want to find out)?

I drove it 150 miles tonight and about 10 miles into it it came on. So far no problems, I'm going to run it to a closer dealer in the morning (not my selling dealer) and see what they have to say. The word is, the DEF pump is on it's last leg... So I don't know if the programming treats it like you're out of fluild or what. But, I'll probably be without it as I know the dealer isn't going to have a DEF pump in stock on a Friday.

Picked up the truck this morning. Nox Sensor #2 Internal Failure was the culprit..

All is well now.. That warranty is nice! :D

I also got the re-flash done.

Was wondering if you had anymore problems with your truck? Just got that service exhaust fluid system in my truck. The recall has already been done with no mods to truck beside wheels and tires

Back