• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Brake System

offthewall

Reaction score
My truck is yelling at me. About half the time i go out to the truck, the DTC says Service Brake System and it beeps for a couple seconds. The pedal feels spongy (but it always has) and it sometimes pulses when braking under approx.30mph (has done that for months). The fluid is still right below max. and i dont see any other apparent problems.
I did install a remote start recently and use it frequently. Dont know if that would affect, shouldnt though.
Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

I saw that one Morning when Trying to Start my Truck, but it happened when my Batts. were REALLY Low, so I'm gonna Guess it was just part of that.

Were your Batts. Low when you were trying to Start your Truck?

No, SBS is something that occasionally pops up on our truck too. NFC what it means, and it hasn't affected anything enough to justify $40 on a Tech II hookup at the local dealer. I might see if I can borrow my buddy's Tech II, but he lives 2 hours away.

Back