• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

semi horn

jackh

Reaction score
ever since i first watched some vids of train horns ive been wanting one. i used to think id never need it but lately there have been quite a few incidents where it would have been handy.

ive looked at hornblasters.com which seems the most heavy duty and well built. but, i watched some vids of trucks with semi horns instead of train horns and i like the tone of those way better. theyre a lot deeper and seem just as loud. heres some vids

YouTube - My Truck Horn

YouTube - Semi Horn On Straight Piped Powerstroke

i like the first one better than the second but that kids got it ghetto rigged. i have no idea how id hook it up and i cant find any kits with semi horns instead of train horns. anyone know how i could do this? thanks

well ya but do you see the size of them? theyre mounted on that guys roof for a reason lol. ive seen a lot of vids by those guys, they have some crazy horns that they tote around ant toot

You can buy just the pumps and tanks and then buy a semi horn off of e-bay or at a semi junk yard.
I built my own tank and pumps and got a twin grover horn set off of a 78 mac truck.

are you satisfied with how loud it is? i sent the vid of the nissan to hornblasters.com to see if they had horns that sounded like that. he told me their deepest was the HB4H kit (which is still a lot higher) but said that its waaaay louder than that kids.

Mine is not real loud but it is a really deep tone. I love the tone if I could just get it louder. You can hear it at a red light but going down the interstate other drivers can't really hear it.

ya thats what im afraid of. i think hornblasters has got me on their HB4H kit. its pretty deep and freakin loud as hell. their really helpful too, hes gonna send me measurements so i can see where all i can fit this thing

Siege Engineering Inc's Online Store - Catalog

I have their anvil train horns....the Kong 2's would be the loudest and deepest but have fun trying to mount them! I'll have pics in my garage soon of how mine are mounted under the bed above the drive shaft. I love how loud and deep mine are!

Got the horns on ebay for $80, then bought a compressor and tank separate.

vbpgimage.php

It was a tight fit but I made it work! I mounted the tank and compressor in my toolbox.

wow, I could reduce the elderly driving population down here with those things!
Guaranteed to give them a heart attack, even tho they shouldn't be driving in the 1st place.:horn:

I'd probably scare the hell outta my self...:pound:

They don't sound too loud in the truck but when I open the door and blow'em it pretty much scares me! :lol: It's funny to do it to unexpecting people walking by.

My friends sister had some like mine mounted to the roof or her old car. We took it for a joy ride blowing it at people in the grocery store parking lot. :pound:
Then some crazy guy came running across the parking lot and tried to grab the guy driving....crazy times.

well with money tight now idk if ill buy a kit or not. id sure like to though. he gave me a real good price on the HB4 kit since i had a buddy that would order with me ill have to dig up the email somewhere to find a price

Back