• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Security light

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
I just installed my GL4 (truck hauls ass now) and when i went to start it it started up just fine, no problems at all, but after about 2 minutes of driving the security light came on, and didnt go off, i ran the truck for about 15 minutes, loved every second of it, but the security light was on, which is annoying. Any ideas? I had been warned it may not start and the security light would be on, but what if it DOES start and the security light is on?

I didnt, but i though it was supposed to stall out? my security lights goes off after starting, only to return after about 2 minutes of driving, its done it several times now.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it don't I suspect if you read with a scan tool there is a code stored VTD (vehicle theft deterrent) active which is supposed to shut you down, maybe Bill has a override, best bet is to do the VTD learn, times mine has had VTD come up it would not start period, but when swapping in a 96 non VTD coded F-PCM once I had same symptoms eventually it quit coding or setting SES, I'd do the theft learn if it still codes give Bill a shout.

Does my 2000 Have this ? What exactly does it do and can it be gotten rid of ? If someone steals my truck I don't want it to stall. I want it to keep going. It's insured for alot more than it's worth...):h

Well this even has bill stumped, it wont go away no matter what we do, so my next question is. how hard it it to remove the dash so I can unplug the security light?

OK....and it does what ? I have seen the light when I turn the key on. Is this part of the radio theft lock deal ? Cause that was easy to crack.

pretty much it means that if someone wants to steal your truck, and for some reason wants to do so with a different ecm, he can't without finding the learn proceedure online. hahaha wow.

pretty much it means that if someone wants to steal your truck, and for some reason wants to do so with a different ecm, he can't without finding the learn proceedure online. hahaha wow.
So in other words another useless annoying feature like the Theft Lock on the Radio that my 3 yr old could crack but annoys the Sh%# out of me when it gets locked after dead battery(BTW It has since been disabled.)

Back