• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

seat covers

Well I'm pretty anal here is the finished product. It does match just the OEM lines are almost gone...I believe the original cover is underneath so getting the OEM lines to show through is going to be tough to see em.

For the $300 he also repaired what looked like a small cigarette hole on passenger side, he did a great job repairing that.

I thought it was a tad more then what it should have cost, but I figured ya pay for what ya get now a days...

Attachments

• seat repair 002.jpg
    seat repair 002.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4
  • seat repair 005.jpg
    seat repair 005.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
  • seat repair 003.jpg
    seat repair 003.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
  • before repair.jpg
    before repair.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3
  • pass seat after repair.jpg
    pass seat after repair.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
Yea I'm going to take it back, he said he may be able to make the lines more prominent, we'll see.

On a side note couple weeks back I spotted that front bracket hanging off the block for the starter not coupled up...what a huge PITA that was to get on :WTF: can't anything be easy any more :mad2:

So I called today to try and get an opinion on what color would match the best. Both GT covers and Precision Fit covers offer to send up to 6 free samples of material to get the best color match. Needless to say, they are going to send me a few samples in the mail. I think I know which one will work the best, but I want to be sure.

Got the samples in the mail the other day...and I am glad I did. The silver color I was going to buy was too bright for me, and when I compared the samples with the factory seats, the charcoal color is very close. Plus I figured the dirt and grease wont show up as much on the darker color. Sorry the pictures suck, and I couldnt get one of the seat comparison because it was too dark in the barn. Ordered the covers this morning, so I will be sure to post some pictures of the finished product when they arive.

-Nick

IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Back