• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Seat covers smell like smoke from prev. owner...how do I get it out?

Max Attitude

Typical White Person
Reaction score
Any ideas? They are Wet Okole seat covers. I took them out of my truck...truck still smelled for a couple weeks but now the bad smell is gone. I'd like to put the covers back in but want to get the stink out first. Has anyone used any particular product on this kind of thing that has worked well?

Thanks

If you have a near by Walmart stop in and buy a closet deodorizer. Its in a blue container the is kinda oval in shape with venting on the top. It got like a charcoal gel inside. Took all the smoke smell out of my truck from the previous owner in just a day or two.

Try a big bag of charcoal, like Kingsford. Set the bag of charcoal in the hot summer sun for a day, then place inside the stinky car. In a few days, voila, no stinky anymore.

If they were mine, I would find a carpet cleaner that does uphostery cleaning. or soak them in detergent & deoderizer. rinse, and lay outside for 2-3 days.

Thanks for the suggestions. Right now I have them in a plastic bag with a few dryer sheets. We'll see how it goes.

I just took them out today...they smell pretty good and I think the smell is gone! Thanks again for all of the suggestions!

White Trash- done that too...still smells like smoke. lol

False alarm! The smell is back so I picked up a closet deodorizer....since I put it in there it hasn't smelled like smoke every time I get in. Hopefully it makes it a permanent solution. I think it's the exact one ctchevy told me about...found mine at Meijer.

dryer sheets

I heard dryer sheets work wonders, just pat over the area like youre soaking water up with a towel, long and tedious but itll work

Any ideas? They are Wet Okole seat covers. I took them out of my truck...truck still smelled for a couple weeks but now the bad smell is gone. I'd like to put the covers back in but want to get the stink out first. Has anyone used any particular product on this kind of thing that has worked well?

Thanks

Not trying to sound like an ass but why don't you just wash them and be done with it?

On a side note, IIRC the seat covers are neoprene and I think that stuff smells funny as it is...:noidea:

Not trying to sound like an ass but why don't you just wash them and be done with it?

On a side note, IIRC the seat covers are neoprene and I think that stuff smells funny as it is...:noidea:

Did the closet deodorizer and it worked. I didn't feel that hand washing it would get that deep stink out of them...didn't feel like taking them back out again either to was them because they aren't easy to put on.

Back