• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sea Foam

My dad always cautioned not to seafoam really old engines on account of they might be being held together by something seafoam dissolves ):h.

:nonod: That ain't funny man. :smile5: One year for my grandparents aniversary we took their car (LTD), gave it an oil change (God knows when the last one was), and washed, rubbed it out, and waxed it. We also pressure washed under the hood (I couldn't find where to put the oil if I didn't). That damned Ford developed multiple oil leaks and the water pump started leaking after we were done.:mad2:

:nonod: That ain't funny man. :smile5: One year for my grandparents aniversary we took their car (LTD), gave it an oil change (God knows when the last one was), and washed, rubbed it out, and waxed it. We also pressure washed under the hood (I couldn't find where to put the oil if I didn't). That damned Ford developed multiple oil leaks and the water pump started leaking after we were done.:mad2:
Man you arent kidding!!!! I had an old 79 K20 350 in it. Motor always dripped a LITTLE oil so after mudrunning I decided to powerwash EVERYTHING including under motor and all. Welllllll bad idea! That oil pan leaked like a siv. I tried replacing the gasket to no avail 3 times. Finally gave up and bought crate motor. Lol.

I have not put it in the tank either. I take the brake booster line loose and let it suck it out of a cup until it kills the engine. Let it sit for about 20 min and then run it like a scalded dog. It will blow so much smoke that your neighbors will call the FD, for about 2 miles and then clear up.

When i worked for GM and Chrysler i used to let it suck the whole can in, let it sit over night, pull the spark plugs and spin the engine over with carboard over the top of it, install the plugs and drive the hell out of it. Man what a fog it would pour out :D . I used to put a can in the gas tank also and clean the throttle plate of any residue. The engine would run much better after the fog cleared.

seafoam is great, works like a champ. I use it in everything, including my 08 Kawaski Concours 14 Sportbike

When i worked for GM and Chrysler i used to let it suck the whole can in, let it sit over night, pull the spark plugs and spin the engine over with carboard over the top of it, install the plugs and drive the hell out of it. Man what a fog it would pour out :D . I used to put a can in the gas tank also and clean the throttle plate of any residue. The engine would run much better after the fog cleared.
Excuse my ignorance but why put cardboard over the top of engine?

On another note I put in some Mystery Marvel 4 oz in my tank bout over month ago and loss some mileage (yes I can tell sometimes...lol) so would it hurt to put the sea foam in now thru the brake booster? Also in tank afterwards?

Excuse my ignorance but why put cardboard over the top of engine?

On another note I put in some Mystery Marvel 4 oz in my tank bout over month ago and loss some mileage (yes I can tell sometimes...lol) so would it hurt to put the sea foam in now thru the brake booster? Also in tank afterwards?

i lost some mpg in my nissan using mmo, but the tank after it went right back to normal. thought it was my imagination. it seemed to idle better right after startup after though.

I've used Seafoam in everything we own, My SSEi, Tahoe, Suburban, not the 05, but most other things, including the lawnmower and gator. A half can in through a vacuum line, the rest in the tank. I did some in the crankcase of my mom's suburban, didn't do much, but didn't hurt anything. It's had M1 synthetic its whole life. I highly reccommend it.

Back