• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Screw on fan clutch

I tried both American standard and metric. The measurements are approximate because I was guestimating to the outside of the threads.
A.S. Was 12 TPI and 1-7/16ths.
The most course thread measuring blade I have is a 1.75 and the threads was more courser than that.
The guestimated measure in MM is 37.
I can mail You an old fan clutch if that would help.
Maybe someone with a coolant pump setting around might be able to get some better measurements.

I looked up a fan clutch for a 99 C3500 6.5 diesel and found the Hayden 2840 shows a M36x2.0 thread. I went through this when I installed the electro-viscous clutch on mine. the threads are the same for a 2010 Express van 3500 6.6 diesel

Thank You very much. That takes the guessing right away from it. 👍😹😹😹

that pulley in the pic has a center hole, how thick is the back wall of the pulley? I wouldn't think the threads on the pump and the pulley nut it self would need to be real tight or have much stress on it for in a testing application. would the wall be thick enough to enlarge the hole and thread it? maybe be able to use the same pulley on both bolt on and spin on applications? even doing this and taking the nut from a clutch and slice it down thinner to make a backing nut to thread on to the pump after the pulley is threaded on just for safety?

Just curious, would you be able to adapt the electric motor to use a different drive pulley that would accept a flat band type belt or a small serpentine belt and be able to use the pulley that comes with the pump? I know that would require a little more work but might make it better in the long run. I was thinking that using the drive pulley you have on a spin-on pump might put the drive pulley out further that if mounted to a spin-on pump.

I'm fairly certain it's M36x2.0. the clutch I used on my pump was for a 2010 d-max engine. when I looked up clutch specs Hayden was the only one I could find the thread size shown in their catalog. the 2010 Silverado 6.6l calls for a hayden 2850 and a 99 C3500 6.5l calls for a hayden 2840. both list the same thread size. I think that was how I found out they were the same when I did my cooling upgrade

Oh yes I wont.
Get that nut mailed out. PO only about a 1/2 a mile away and needed some blasting sand too so stopped at the PO on My way. Boxed it up but the PO attendee windows was closed. The clock in the waiting area said it was just before 9:00am so figured they would be open by the time I got this boxed and addressed.
Not so, took a look at the opening/closing times then realized, VETERANS DAY.
And so I will take the rest of the day off to in remembrance of the veterans of the US and Canada that has served to keep our countries free. And even friends that paid their all.

Back