• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

School me on gauges

I started out with Isspro's and like them, but switched to Autometer Cobalts, which I like more. The dimmer switch is a must with the Cobalts.

I'll second the dimmer on the Cobalts. I can live with mine without the dimmer because of only having two, I can look over them. Pulling out and going left at night can be a pia though. You have to look a few times due to the glare off the window.

I've had good luck with my ISSPRO'S..white face blue dials, though they do make other colors. Check with Dieselmanor..hope I'm allowed to say that..:biggrin5: Their gauges come with great instruction (pic's) and more stuff to hook them up than you will ever use.

X2. I have the Pyro and the Boost gauge.

I like Dakota Digital....

picture.php

ill take anyting.these things seem to be top secret.the isspro web pics dont do it for me.id like to see them installed...even on your dodge

I'll get some more pictures posted for you.

They are on a dash pod.

I will do as good as my craptastic phone cam can do.

Mine are white face, black day letters, red pointer... the numbers light up green at night.

I've got the Automete Ultra Lites and love them (Pyro and Boost). Accurate, easy to read day and night, and not terribly expensive. What more could you ask for??

Not to hi jack but i also have a question. Has anyone mounted there gauges other than the pillar? In my quest to have a very stock looking truck minus tailpipe and sound of the motor gauges are usually a sign of a modded truck. With the a-pillar being right there it makes alot of sense for the pillar to be the mount point. I was wondering if anyone has mounted theres either in the over head compartment or below the radio in one of the cubbies. I know it would be harder to use if you were racing but it wouldnt give away your secret of a very fast stock looking diesel.

Im not asa big fan of ISSPRO. We used to sell & Install alot of them, but we had tons of problems with the controllers. Not sure if they fixed it or not.

We do sell autometer and Diprocal Optix guages. The optix are Very nice and reliable guages.

The cobalts are my choice for autometers.

Last edited:
92Z71, Check out SoCal Diesel and get the trippin mount for the overhead compartment. Has a place for two gauges and a switch and you can get black plastic for a stock appearance. That is what I will use for my fp and op gauges.
Also there is a single mount for the cubby hole beside the heater control, made by tts I believe, that and a single guage column mount could work. Just some thoughts.

Im not asa big fan of ISSPRO. We used to sell & Install alot of them, but we had tons of problems with the controllers. Not sure if they fixed it or not.

We do sell autometer and Diprocal Optix guages. The optix are Very nice and reliable guages.

The cobalts are my choice for autometers.

just got cobalts for mine, havent hooked them up yet but i just popped the pillar mount in place and they look really good in the pod, cant wait to get them working.

Back