• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

schaeffers Oil

I used the Supreme 9000 SAE 5W-40 for approximately 30,000 miles. My UOA's proved it to be doing it's job very well. I have since switched to Amsoil. The Schaeffer oil was just to hard to get in my area at the time.

I did a demo, and it seems like good oil. Just harder to get around here than Amsoil, but I guess a guy that does tires around here sells it. Schaeffer's is based on crude, however.

This guy is trying to get my local parts guy to stock it, if he does I will use it. There is a huge farm down the road and they use it, the owner swears by it. John Deere runs better with it.....

Last edited:
I know some people that use it,and are very happy with it,I never heard anything bad about it.

My parts dealer is going to stock it and he ordered what I wanted, I will try them out and see how well it performs, The Amsoil is getting really expensive here and This will save me about 40% on my oil costs. I have been thinking about dropping my Amsoil oil by-pass filter setup as I am tired of replacing the O Ring on the adapter. It leakes oil and while not extreme it take about 2 quarts during a 10k mile run and under my truck is nasty from the oil.

I have a couple of friend s that use it in thier big rigs. They are sold on it.

I didn't use the adapter for my byapass set-ups. I tapped off the block and off the OPC

Back