• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Scanned, now what?

RCpullerdude

Reaction score
Well, I just scanned for codes, and have a lot more than I thought, and some different ones than I thought. I have:

DTC 29 - Glow Plug Relay Fault
DTC 31 - EGR Control Pressure/Baro Sensor Circuit Low (High Vacuum)
DTC 33 - EGR Control Pressure/Baro Sensor Circuit High
DTC 36 - Injection Pulse Width Error (Time Long)
DTC 44 - EGR Pulse Width Error
DTC 49 - Service Throttle Soon Lamp Circuit Fault
DTC 57 - PCM 5 Volt Shorted
DTC 62 - Turbo Boost Sensor Circuit Low
DTC 84 - Accelerator Pedal Position Circuit Fault

Okay, what's wrong? From what I gather, there are some boost and EGR errors (low vac/bad pump maybe?), and there's a "go" pedal problem and the idiot light on the dash for it has issues, so it can't alert the driver. What else needs fixen? Truck runs great, just has more codes than the military.

Thanks.

I think Id reset them and start over... whens the last time you check them? Is it running bad at all?

57 is causing the rest.. Look *carefully* for frayed insulation or a problem at one of the big connectors on the PCM.

I cleared them and drove about 3-5 miles, then checked them again. Only code that came up was 36. Lat time I checked (before today) was probably a year ago, and I had 31, 33, and 36 (I think).

nvmtnlion, thanks for the suggestion. I will check that tomorrow.

Look for green corrosion, or any corrosion, if there is some, its too much. It just tends to be green, something to do with copper reaction ... :) (also applies to pins/fuses/relays)

Back