• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

scan tool

tireguy

Reaction score
hey guys i dont know which forum cat. to put this in but here it is. Does anyone have expierence with an AUTO ENGINUITY pc based scan tool? I own a small mechanic shop and wonder if it would compare to the more expinsive scan tools.:???: so many scan tool options im getting confused. thanks in advance

hey guys i dont know which forum cat. to put this in but here it is. Does anyone have expierence with an AUTO ENGINUITY pc based scan tool? I own a small mechanic shop and wonder if it would compare to the more expinsive scan tools.:???: so many scan tool options im getting confused. thanks in advance

How much? You can buy the EFILive one for $399.

How much? You can buy the EFILive one for $399.
It only gives you GM based tuning for there supported controllers and I believe CAN based generic abilities. I've heard of AE before and have considered it as well as i believe CARCODE.

I have AE.enhanced for GM and Ford.
I've used it only twice,and only on the 6.5,found out it won't kill injectors and won't set TDCO as it is supposed to.
Other than that it works fine on the engine but it can't seem to connect with the body or T-case(could be cause passlock is disabled,..dunno)

Son used it on his Ford 6 ltr diesel, he says it does dick all for him.

Simon, did you try using 2002 as the model year ? There is speculation that if you do that the cyl kill and TDCO will work. That's how it is in Carcode but Nobby never got back to us on it. Why don't you try it and report back...I'd love to dump Carcode. I hate it.

Some here have carcode and say it works good, I personally think it sucks. Many of the features don't work. It will take you hours to figure out how to do something as it comes with zero tech support and the guy who sells it is a weirdo. His website should say it all. There is some partner of his on the otherside of the country selling it as well and knows nothing about it. By the time you figure it out, you'll forget the next time you use it. That is my opinion. I would not recommend it. It's slow as shit too. I will say the cyl kill did work but ask me how to do it again...I've been using a cheapy obd2 reader until I get something better. Keep prayin for that desperate for cash guy selling a tech2.

I think ill end up buying a cheaper tool. really all i need at this point is something to read and clear codes and that also has the ability to read a live data stream.
Im also not sure i want to be hauling my laptop around.

Simon, did you try using 2002 as the model year ? There is speculation that if you do that the cyl kill and TDCO will work. That's how it is in Carcode but Nobby never got back to us on it. Why don't you try it and report back...I'd love to dump Carcode. I hate it.
It works with VIN # only

Back