• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sberry

Just got finished if there is ever such a thing with a front and some vsalve train work on a 07 5.4 3V. One or 2 things follow each other and we end up on it 4 times and 2 with the front right off and last time right dfown to the oil pump.
Soi, I have a couple helpers and a tech I call and depending on who I am talking to describe him as the engineer. 3 of us all evening, we got to work about 1 and finished up at 1, a little demolition and then reassemble line fricken item at a time with someone watching,,, Hoary cow, what a job is a guy makes a mistake, takes 2 of us to keep track of the timing.
I came here to look at 4l80E. I got one slips a little cfold, I baby it there and I was going to price parts. We looked at a vid a while back and seems a guy was tearing pieces apart for 2 1/2 frickin hrs. I guess I was wondering if the rebuild kit solved all its problems. In a 99 van. I wouldnt doubt its been worked on/replasced but not sure.

What is it?

One of my favorite trucks was a 1965 F100 with V8 and 3 speed on the tree
@Sberry
Welcome to the forum.
I once had a 1965 Ford F100. Installed a 300 that I had rebuilt, from a UPS van. I made at least eight trips from Miles City to Grass Valley California in that truck. Manual shift truck 4 speed. When I sold that to My brother, it had i er 300,000 miles on the engine, 500,000 on the body/chassis. He then gave it to his sone who made I dont know how many trips from GV Cali to Glasgow Montana before He sold it to his shop teacher. That is one Ford that I would like to have back. Engine could be pulled without crawling under it, except for one easy to get to bolt. 😹😹😹

@Sberry
Welcome to the forum.
I once had a 1965 Ford F100. Installed a 300 that I had rebuilt, from a UPS van. I made at least eight trips from Miles City to Grass Valley California in that truck. Manual shift truck 4 speed. When I sold that to My brother, it had i er 300,000 miles on the engine, 500,000 on the body/chassis. He then gave it to his sone who made I dont know how many trips from GV Cali to Glasgow Montana before He sold it to his shop teacher. That is one Ford that I would like to have back. Engine could be pulled without crawling under it, except for one easy to get to bolt. 😹😹😹
That was one of my all time favorites I ever had.

Had a guy run into me so it had a whole new front end.

Hey there Sberry, glad to see you found a spot on the forums that suits your pace! It's always cool to see some old-timers around here. They've got some serious knowledge and stories to share. I stumbled across the thread too, and it sounds like a good read. Just wanted to throw in my two cents and say, have you checked out the volvo d13 dpf delete kit? Not sure if it's still relevant since this post is pretty old, but it's a popular topic in the truck community. Hope you're enjoying your time on the forums and soaking up all the knowledge from the OG's!

Hey there Sberry, glad to see you found a spot on the forums that suits your pace! It's always cool to see some old-timers around here. They've got some serious knowledge and stories to share. I stumbled across the thread too, and it sounds like a good read. Just wanted to throw in my two cents and say, have you checked out the volvo d13 dpf delete kit? Not sure if it's still relevant since this post is pretty old, but it's a popular topic in the truck community. Hope you're enjoying your time on the forums and soaking up all the knowledge from the OG's!
Welcome to thetruckstop @RolandDunn

Back