• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

saved me a lot of time and mess

Drago

Reaction score
From the start I've been bucket bailing WVO for my batches and slopping oil all over. I tried to siphon WVO out of a 55Gal drum and that didn't work, I tried pressurizing the drum and nearly burst the drum. I looked at electric pumps but they are a bit too expensive and manual pumps were just that, manual. only down side is it uses a lot of air so a large compressor is mandatory.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200323350_200323350

Been there done that - Bad idea! These are designed for lubricating grease not the veg oil that can gum them up. The exhaust will mist the oil creating an inhalation and flash fire hazard. I had to use a towel on the exaust to keep the mist down. They are noisy as H... They do not last very long. I got 1300 gal or so of B99 moved through mine, pulled it's plastic rings out of my fuel filter, and had to hit it with a hammer to start it toward the end of it's life.

A Walbro is slightly cheaper. Heating the drum some will help. There are other pumps out there designed to do this job safely and reliably. Even a used engine oil pump hooked up to a motor or small gas engine would work as long as you have a pan/plan for it's leakage to be returned to the barrel etc.

Back