• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

saved a fellow 6.5'er a few grand today.

J.Peart

Reaction score
so i was at the dump today and was talking to a guy with a 94 6.5 f code. 320.000 km on it. said he was having black smoke problems. his mechanic wanted to replace the turbo charger and injectors. the guy said like 2 grand CAD for the turbocharger- cant remember what he said about the injectors.

i told him give me a few minutes and i can probably fix your problem. Sure enough after a few minutes diagnosis and i narrowed it down to the vacuum solenoid. gave him an new spare one i had sitting around and off he goes.

feels good to keep another 6.5 on the road :thumbsup:

Good going. One more reason to stay away from mechanics. Did you put him on to DTR?

Leo

It's good to know that there are other people willing to take a few minutes out of their day to help out a fellow 6.5er, or hotrodder. I stop every time I see someone with a truck/car I know how to work on broke down.

*gives good citizen award to J. Peart*

nah i didnt put him onto the site. should have though.

just told him a few solutions to common problems. pmd, vacuum system, etc.

he had a fsd cooler on the intake- got charged 600 CAD for it at a local mechanic. he had replaced 2 in the last year or two. told him next to go heath - especailly for the price he paid:eek:

It's good to know that there are other people willing to take a few minutes out of their day to help out a fellow 6.5er, or hotrodder. I stop every time I see someone with a truck/car I know how to work on broke down.

*gives good citizen award to J. Peart*

:iagree: :thumbsup:

Back