• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Saturday Surprise

Chevypoor

Reaction score
Anybody every had this happen before- all studs on the ATT mounting flange vibrated out. Went to pickup a round bale for the horses Saturday morning and T was making an awful sound under hard throttle with only minimal boost, still went down the road (about a mile) picked up the round bale and dropped it in the pasture. Then went looking and what I found was the turbo was no longer bolted down. Found one stud on the frame rail! So went to the parts store and rounded up four new studs. The interesting thing is she has been making a strange sound for awhile under hard throttle and never could locate the source- thought the belt was slipping. Anybody ever lost all four turbo mounting bolts? I am now adding this to the list of things to check periodically.

Engine side rear nut comes off on mine now and then. Just can't get a good angle to honk it down combined with anti-seize. Rather have it easy to remove.

Good to hear someone has had a similar issue WarWagon. Yes, the back one is PITA! I used locknuts this time Snarl, they were fun since they stop hand threading once the top of the nut flushes with the top of the stud, after that it is a wrench or socket only deal!

Back