• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sat Sept 6th... First time comming soon!!

06bowtie_guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Well I've done the drag racing thing now for some time but never got a chance to pull with the truck. Going this weekend to try it out.

Looking for launching tips or tricks along with 4HI or 4LO???

I will be lowering the bars, have tie rod sleeves. :)
Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow before work and I can install a single stack. :sifone:

Thanks!!

I have no firsthand experience, but suggest the following:

Brace your pitman and idler arms, or strap the centerlink.

Clamp your rear springs or install traction bars.

Pull in 4 Low.

Tire pressure around 30 in front and 50 in the back.

Use as tall a hitch as allowed.

Good luck!

You will want to get the sled rolling as fast as you can, as quick as you can. Don't get to much wheel spin too soon. Roll into it hard, once you get it moving, floor it until you stop moving. Always remember that you want the sled to stop you. You stopping the sled can get expensive...

Ok from My experience this summer. Drop the bars all the way down and remove the bolts.

Do you have an aftermarket center link or Idler and pitman arm Braces? If not you need to strap the centerlink.

Also See if you can get some blocks made or bought for the rearend. Rear Axle hop is not you friend! Traction bars would also be advisable since you're a Regular cab. Get is rollin and mash it!

Run it in 4 lo, Manual mode 3rd gear and Tow/haul on.

Cool thanks for the tips!! Unfrotunatly waited too long and didn't get the stack on. :( T-Bars will be down, I have clamps but only for the front of the springs. Racing they said front was good enough. Since I'm sure I will be hooked on this the winter projects will involve all the good stuff such as center link, bars, blocks. :D

I'll strap her down in the front as I only have tie rod sleeves.

Wish me luck, I'm heading out around 9:15 or so down there. My buddy is comming with the camera so I hope to have some nice vid when I return!!!!

Well it was awsome!! Just before I got up they changed the speed at which the weight transfers up. I was first to go and did what you all said. I think it really went well. Unfortunatly don't remember feet. It was a rush. There were ALOT of duramax trucks, couple dodge trucks and then 2 fords. While waiting for the second run I was talking with some of the d-max guys and they told me to try 4HI so I decided ok. Went up and went 1 foot farther however I had a better start since I knew how it would feel(hope that makes sence) At the end I was far from winning but I did beat a dodge and both fords for sure. Once the site posts results I will post. My buddy took video but it might be not till the weekend I will get it. Uploading some pics tomorrow as well!!

good to hear. my first was a month ago, and your right, it was a rush!! still hardly remember pulling! pulled agian this past sunday, and it was awesome! doing it again in 2 weeks. cant wait!

Ken

Back